Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

leaky 2009 surveyor 23RKS

Hello everyone, our family has been enjoying our 2009 surveyor 235RKS since the middle of june. Although, we have come across some issues that will need to be resolved under warranty. Mainly a leaky rear slide, at the opposite end of the seals! I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

thanks for any replies,

shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

We have an '08 235RKS. No slide leaks to date. We've had a couple of warranty issues but all in all are very happy with the trailer. Ours has a tape of some kind over the metal seams on the slide. I'm assuming that that is for additional water sealing?
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #3

mine too

Yes, I know the tape you are talking about. My slide has it on the sides and on the rearmost section of the slide where the vertical and horizontal sections meet. It was POURING rain the day my wife was making the bed and found the wet part. There is a hole where the electrical comes through... there is no silicone or tape in the hole... I am concerned that the water is between the inside and outside walls...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you found the spot. Where was it? I'd like to check mine! I would think that unless you have repeated soaking that you shouldn't get a mold or mildew problem. I suppose that there is the possibility that the moisture is trapped in there. That could be more problematic. I hope it turns out OK for you.
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #5

235rks

I found a wet spot on the dinette cushsions on while the unit was closed. We had heavy rain and I have it parked on a slight hill. Is that similar to what your talking about. We did have it out that weekend but there was no problems. We haven't had rain since so I'm waiting to make sure what the problem was.
wittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #6

I guess I should have been more specific. When we found the wet spot the trailer was parked, slide extended and level both ways. The slide is wet in the furthest back section of the slide, the farthest end away from the slide seals. This is on the drivers side. There is an electrical line covered in a black protective wrapper that runs from the headboard to the front of the bed. I do have a pic, posted below. I was also wondering if anyone has peeling paint on the bottom of the slide, passenger side where it rolls on the support rollers near the edge. I kept finding pieces of paint on the dinnette after opening it back up. I have found a giant piece of paint missing and a rusty slide support.

problems to date:

1-leaky sink faucet
2-bad bearing in stove fan
3-paint peeling on bottom of slide
4-screws keep coming loose on kitchen cupboards
5-concertone stereo already crapped out (in service june12/08)

all in all, it has not been too bad of a trailer. I did expect some problems...

guess I will line up the dealer in the spring for repairs...

Attached Images

Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #7

Leaky slide

I know this is from an old post, but since I saw this I've been keeping an eye on my trailer since it is exactly the same. It's spring now here in Canada, so I've been de-winterizing and cleaning up for the trailer season. I put out the slide the other day and it rained real hard. So I thought I would check the spot where shinysideup had the leak. Well I found a very tiny, tiny wet spot in the very corner. Upon further investigation I also found the rear tip out to be out of level when the whole trailer was perfectly level. The tip out was "tipped" towards the spot where it was leaking. This must be a common occurance for anybody with this type of trailer. I was contemplating building a support for underneath, outside of the tip out to support it better to bring it to level. Any thoughts from the members?
gettmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #8

That's interesting, I thought I was crazy. I have not found the wet spot since I posted this thread. I never did find the source! I would think that the trailer would be set up so the water would run away from the slide opening (meaning that it would be out of level on purpose) I will be asking and showing the dealer when I go back shortly.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #9

Leaky surveyor

My guess would be that it would only leak when the slide is out. There is also a puddle on the roof on the slide out directly above where the (tiny) leak is.
gettmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #10

I suspect it is something to do with the tape. I just can't get it to leak again to see where it is coming from! I wonder if the tape should run lengthwise also at the seam on the roof...

Tags
surveyor