Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #1

Legacy vs Luxury

Does anyone have a good list of the differences between the two lines? While we figure out the weight stuff I have in my other thread (I think we have it covered now actually) we have basically boiled it down to two campers;

245bhs, and the 248bhle. One is the Luxury line, the other Legacy.

The smaller camper (245bhs) is a few grand more...and that got me wondering about the differences between the two lines.

I know the Luxury models have solid surface countertops, and a large fiberglass front cap, but afaik, they are otherwise constructed the same.

So I'm curious..has anyone taken the time to figure out everything that's "better" on the luxury models?
FISHTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #2

like with many cars with the same difference in the letters after the model name or number, it's often fairly difficult to tell any major difference. I would suggest that FR's website showing the models is the best location to find your answer - they might even allow you to 'compare' the two, side-by-side, to see the build differences or options or 'standard', versus 'luxury'... though I'm a little confused how a small trailer would even have a designation such as 'luxury'... hmmmm.... maybe a fluffier pillow?
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #3

"Luxury" usually means added weight, could be an issue depending on your TV.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
like with many cars with the same difference in the letters after the model name or number, it's often fairly difficult to tell any major difference. I would suggest that FR's website showing the models is the best location to find your answer - they might even allow you to 'compare' the two, side-by-side, to see the build differences or options or 'standard', versus 'luxury'... though I'm a little confused how a small trailer would even have a designation such as 'luxury'... hmmmm.... maybe a fluffier pillow?

They don't. It's two separate lines of the surveyor series. The same models are not available across the lines.

They do list a few differences, but I suspect there are other things that aren't listed explicitly, or that folks have noticed having looked closely at both.

For instance; the luxury line campers have a solid fiberglass cap up front. The Legacy trailers do not. Luxury campers have solid surface counter tops with undermount sinks, and drawers under the dinette for storage instead of having to lift cushions.

I haven't been able to spot much else, they claim they have nicer cabinets, but I can't verify that...no dealership near me has them to compare in person. I'd be buying this from Coaches, who's a 12 hour haul...so I'm looking to gather info from folks that have already done the legwork, if anyone has.
FISHTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote