Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #1

looking for words of advice

Hi all:
have a q I need answered ....bought a 2013 surveyor 291 model new from the dealer and am having issues with a leak under the couch dripping on floor ...unit was never used before and I have a warranty of 7 yrs placed at time of purchase some 2 months ago on it.....they have offered to fix problem but still have lost confident in purchase ....has another out there had similar problems with the mini slide on this particular unit.
the water in particular is rolling along bottom of aluminium support bar under couch and is definitely not the slide seals!
any help would be greatly accepted!

jim
GMCJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #2

Is it possible it is coming from the sink? We had a strange leak this weekend where it would only leak when you turned the water on and then off. The water was coming from where the hot line went in but the fitting was tight. We had issues with the faucet leaking out the top from day one and just tightened it up every time. This time I removed it and found 2 pinched o-rings. Every time you would shut the water off, the water remaining in the faucet would go down into the faucet housing and eventually leak out hole where the hot water line came in from. Replaced the o-ring and no more leak from the top or the bottom.
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCJAMES View Post
Hi all:
have a q I need answered ....bought a 2013 surveyor 291 model new from the dealer and am having issues with a leak under the couch dripping on floor ...unit was never used before and I have a warranty of 7 yrs placed at time of purchase some 2 months ago on it.....they have offered to fix problem but still have lost confident in purchase ....has another out there had similar problems with the mini slide on this particular unit.
the water in particular is rolling along bottom of aluminium support bar under couch and is definitely not the slide seals!
any help would be greatly accepted!

jim
Have you had other issues that where not resolved ? How manny times have they tried to fix the leak? If your not getting results from the dealer try another one. If you keep in contact with the factory that helps. Sometimes it's better all around to bring it back to the factory and lot them solve your problems.
Good luck.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #4

I have a 2013 sv305 that came new with leaks. After about 3 trips back to service, they finally got it fixed. Ended up being where the awning was attached to the camper. Water leaking in thru screw holes. They got it sealed and no problems since.
harrisscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #5

We have one on order and will get it in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
acpal3 is offline   Reply With Quote