Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #1

Low Point Drain Valve - SV234

Hi! I am new to camping and I just bought a 2006 SV234. I read all there is to read about winterizing and I got stumped on the first task - emptying the water from the low-point drain valve, which is below the fresh water fill spout.

I expected to see a simply valve that I would turn to empty the water. However, I was faced with two seperate lines with valves that I have never seen before. They have no handles, and appear to be threaded plastic caps at the end, with about 1/2 inch of some type of fitting, and another fitting just above that. I tried turning and twisting everything, but nothing opens up. This is my first trailer and I have NO idea how to open these valves, and the literature that came with the trailer is useless - it just says "empty water from low point valves".

Any idea how to open these? It's starting to get cold in Ottawa!
pallen6483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #2

On mine you just have to unscrew them
Old 09-24-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
Site Team

to FRF!

On my unit there are no "valves" there are just caps on the pipes sticking from under the unit. There are red and blue lines. The red lines are hot water and the blue is cold. Our RV has three low point drains. One is under the fresh water tank and there are two under where the outside shower, city water inlet is located. I take two adjustable wrenches and remove the caps to drain ours. They are gray plastic caps on black fittings inserted into the red and blue tubing. The caps have white tapered inserts in them so if yours are like this be careful not to leave them stuck in the adapter or drop them out of the cap.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #4

Hi and Welcome to FRF!!

I agree with what Bama said but a picture is worth a lot.

man that remindes me I need to replace one of my low point drain valves. dang thing started leaking during my Disney trip right at the first stop with the Rimmers........
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #5

Get under the trailer first and find the two (one for hot, one for cold) stubs penetrating beneath the underbelly. The valves, if they're installed, should be inside above that point. In mine, I have to go into the interior of the wall through a heater vent trim panel. As Bama says there is a third for your fresh H20 tank, too.
turbopuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor