Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage Surveyor SV-264

Well... just after I bought this thing, my job went south... literally. I have been too busy to do anything with it. Now my house is on the market because we will be moving from Amarillo to Fort Worth. I will be living in it for a little while because my job begins July 16th... Wish me luck... Nothing like being 5 years from retirement and beginning a new job. At least it's with the same outfit so my retirement won't be affected...

If there's a blessing in all of this, it is that I will know everything about it... intimately... by the time I get some time to use it... as intended...

Jack
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Sorry that things headed south but sounds like you will be ok. Starting a new job in a new location can't be easy but I'm sure you will do well.

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

Well, so far so good... The trailer towed flawlessly and everything has worked well. I got to the small RV park in Weatherford on Sunday in the rain and setup time was about 15 minutes with the leveling I had to do... This one came with a decent matress, and we added 3 inches of memory foam, so it sleeps very well. Absolutely everything works as intended so I couldn't be happier with the trailer. I spent some time in my Shadow Cruiser 185-FBS in February... and this trailer is SOOOO much nicer and roomier... I was afraid that the extra weight and width would make my gas mileage suffer a lot more. I got 10.7 in February pulling the smaller one, and 10.6 pulling this one, so that was a pleasant surprise. Now I gotta start running back and forth to Amarillo on weekends to bring stuff back this way...

Thanks, Terier, for the kind words....
Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Consider yourself lucky! 5 years from retirement is a tough time to try to get totally re-employed. You are better off than many people. It sucks but it could be a LOT worse . . . Good Luck!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #5

I hope everything works out ! I am glad to hear that you got employed somewhere else in your old company, sure beats being in a position of job hunting.

Enjoy full timing temporarily !
Old 07-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #6

Well... Two weeks into the new job and all is going well, except the house isn't showing very often. Seven acres of land and a beautiful home, 14 months old, and... Oh well...

As for the Surveyor SV-264, all is working well. I am at a place with full hookups and have had to empty the grey tank twice, the galley grey tank once. The Black tank is just now showing 1/3 full. Here in the Texas heat, the 2" thick foam walls seem to be keeping the place cool. I am turning the t-stat up to 80 when I leave for work, and back down to 73 when I get in. Takes no time at all to cool down. So far I feel I got a good trailer... Now if our house would just sell...

Adios, Amigos...!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #7

Looks like I'll be here just about another month. The SV-264 is still performing very well. Everything works... as intended. I have yet to have a problem with anything.

Our house is sold and, being married for almost 40 years to Dee Dee, I would almost bet a paycheck that I saw our next... and last... home today. She's nuts about the kitchen... and the location... and... she's only seen pictures! She's coming Thursday to look at that house and a few more. Somehow I think we's better go to this one last, or we won't go to the others at all... Alas, it doesn't have a 3-car garage...

Having this TT has been a God Send. The bed is wonderful with the 3" memory foam on top of the matress. It's been brutally hot here but the trailer stays at 80 and cools down to 73 in 20 minutes or so. The shower is as big as some I saw in houses, today. The park I'm in is almost all full-timers and they keep a good watch on everything. I've had a couple of them in to look at this setup and I may be due a comission from FR... They all like it! As you can tell... so do I! Again, I can't wait to get settled and use it for actual fun camping.

Adios, Amigos!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #8

I'm glad things are working out. Your situation has great similarites to what I did last year. We bought a new 2012 SV-264 (just before we knew we would be moving), picked it up 2 weeks before towing it across the country and lived in it for a few months when I started a new job and needed a place to stay while we looked for a house.

I agree the 264 is a great unit, and was perfect for our short full-time experience - but it's much nicer now that we can enjoy it for weekend getaways.

I've got a lot more than 5 years until retirement though

Cheers
SCOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #9

Well, I've moved out of the SV-264 and into a new home. I wish the new home was as nice as the Surveyor. The builder and I are not happy with each other. Seems he wants to tag on change charges for fixing stuff he should have fixed in the first place... and I ain't payin'...

I lived in the trailer for 6 weeks solo, and then the wife stayed for a week while we were completing the purchase of our new home. It's very nice, overall, but their attention to detail was a touch lacking...

Adios, Amigos...