Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #1

Maiden voyage with 2012 Surveyor SP295

Memorial day weekend was our maiden voyage with our new 295. It was also our maiden voyage in a tt. We've always had tents or a pop up. Wow...what a difference...setup was a breeze....air con was wonderful and no hitches....
I think the 2 weeks after picking it up and working out glitches in our driveway paid off. The only problem we had was at 5am our 5 year old fell out of the upper bunk. He spent the rest of the weekend on the lower bunk until I can fix a ladder and rail for him. Anyway...all we can say is SWWWWEEET...even our shar pei loved it. Now on to our next weekends.

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #2

Glad to hear that every thing worked out well for you.

Enjoy!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Kev

Glad to hear you like the new TT. As for the kid falling out of the bunk, we have had that a few times. Once we heard them fall from about 3 campsites away... the next time we were at Wally-mart we got a bed rail. We still use it and my youngest is 7 now...just never know.

Safety 1st Secure Topside Bedrail - 84324 - Walmart Canada - Save Money Live Better.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Glad to hear you like the new TT. As for the kid falling out of the bunk, we have had that a few times. Once we heard them fall from about 3 campsites away... the next time we were at Wally-mart we got a bed rail. We still use it and my youngest is 7 now...just never know.

Safety 1st Secure Topside Bedrail - 84324 - Walmart Canada - Save Money Live Better.
At 5am hearing the thud and then the blood curdling scream....I expected to see bone sticking out of his leg or arm but luckily he had woken up and was trying to climb down and misjudged where the cabinet was and missed it. Thanks for the link on the bedrail..we will definately get one before our next trip!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #5

I'm now 37 years old and still recall every time I fell out of my bunk or sat up forgetting where I was....THUD! All fond memories of course. As a kid no matter how many times it happened I still wanted to sleep up top. That is one of the things you forget to warn new RV owners about.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevengb View Post
At 5am hearing the thud and then the blood curdling scream....I expected to see bone sticking out of his leg or arm but luckily he had woken up and was trying to climb down and misjudged where the cabinet was and missed it. Thanks for the link on the bedrail..we will definately get one before our next trip!

I was just doing some modifications to the TT, and got to thinking. Did Forest River change the curtains in the back bunk area? We just got curtains with ours, no mini blinds or pull down shades. I went to a fabric store and got some black out material and adhesive velcro to attach it.

I did notice that your outdoor kitchen has changed too. We have cabinetry as well as a microwave, instead of the slotwall for hanging stuff.

However you have the nice wraparound seat and the entertainment center in front of the master bed...nice touch.

So far I love the 295...Its pretty sweet.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #7

We are picking up our new 295 next week.
Glad to hear positive comments, any thing in particular I need to watch for during walk through?
Thanks
Db

2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #8

Open and close all the windows to make sure the latch locks line up.

Tags