Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #21

Yeah, I think that was the one change that will be certainly missed. Hard to say why it got removed from the newer models. I noticed the feature quietly disappeared off the manufacturer's spec page online late last year. When custom ordering most dealers warn that the features, colors, etc. may change slightly as sometimes the manufacturer does so at will (it is disclosed on their site too). Anyway, I can report back after I take delivery later this month as far as any other changes made.
charisfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:51 PM   #22

The one we looked at before ordering ours had the garbage can under the sink. The bedroom mirror was oblong instead of square also.

Humteddy
Humteddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #23

How did you find out if yours was just built? I'm kinda curious to find out when mine is completed.

Humteddy
Humteddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humteddy2 View Post
How did you find out if yours was just built? I'm kinda curious to find out when mine is completed.

Humteddy
I checked through my dealer I ordered it at and he contacted the FR sales rep. When you place an order there is an estimated offline date usually generated about 3-4 weeks out when Surveyor production begins (after switching from R-pod).
Old 02-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #25

Picked up my 285IKDS last Friday. I can confirm all the units built in November 2015 are identical to the February 2016 units. So it appears all the 2016 model year changes/upgrades took place in November last year. Here are the main differences on the Nov '15 and Feb '16 units:

- Pull out drawer storage under dinette
- Lack of radius storage on island ends (just a radius panel on either end)
- Radius shower
- Oblong mirror in bedroom
- New couch style (synthetic leatherette type material)
- Stainless steel under mount sink with matching countertop cover
- Metal countertop in outdoor kitchen
Old 03-02-2016, 12:43 AM   #26

Congrats on your new camper! Really looking forward for ours to arrive, hopefully by the first of April. The changes you mentioned were in the model we looked at before ordering ours. We really liked the metal countertop in the outside kitchen. Did yours come with the winterizing kit? Our current camper (Rockwood Mini-Lite 2503S) has it and I can't remember if the 285 comes with it. I really hope so. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Humteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humteddy View Post
Congrats on your new camper! Really looking forward for ours to arrive, hopefully by the first of April. The changes you mentioned were in the model we looked at before ordering ours. We really liked the metal countertop in the outside kitchen. Did yours come with the winterizing kit? Our current camper (Rockwood Mini-Lite 2503S) has it and I can't remember if the 285 comes with it. I really hope so. Thanks!

I could be mistaken, but I think any units built from Nov-Mar come winterized from factory with the lines blown out and some antifreeze. At least, that's how mine came being built in February. It doesn't include any extra antifreeze or a blow-out hose, but I just use a garden hose to air hose adapter to flush the lines. It has the low point drains in the back for hot & cold and the fresh water drain in the front.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #28

The kit I'm referring to is a bypass valve that is on the pump to directly siphon the antifreeze from the jug using the water pump. Very nice feature on our current unit.

Humteddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor