Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #11

Thank's for your responses guys! I'm keeping my fingers crossed this week hoping this is the right solution to slide-out leaking (third trip to dealer). Leaving this weekend leak fixed or not. Man-O-Man, What is it about camping that puts us through this torture? Happy trails everyone!!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
I would rather be camping

I have a 2011 Sv 291 and have not had a problem with anything.

My dealer did an excellent job of going over the unit b-4 i took delivery. I was told , by the dealers tech, that there were several small issues like loose water lines but they caught everything and I have had no real issues.

I had a small amount of water come in around the slide out when it was power washed but when you get too close to the seals with 2500 psi pressure washer that can be expected.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #13

2011 Surveyor 264 - Have you-all had any of these problems: I picked up my trailer on 7/31, towed it home via the interstate, the trip took 2.5 hours, parked it in the driveway and leveled it. The first thing I noticed was after rain on 8/7 that both storage compartment doors leak. Dealer told me to check the seals. they are fine. On 8/9 it rained again, more leaks. The slide must leak because I had pooled water on the floor underneath the corner of the slide nearest the bedroom. The slide and all vents were closed during the storm. Dealer said that happens sometimes and not to worry about damage as long as I got the water wiped up. 0n 8/10 again had water but this time it dripped into the plastic container that I had put under the corner of the slide. The bottom of the decorative wood trim was damp as was the carpet that is under the cupboards at that end of the slide. I found pooled water in the pocket of the white rubber trim that is around the slide at the bottom or that corner. The dealer told me to poke a small hole in the bottom of the rubber so the water would drain out. I did that and put a fan blowing on the whole thing. I am very disappointed in the quality of the seals as we have not even taken the trailer out of the driveway yet and we have all these water problems. At this rate I'm going to have a ruined trailer before I even get to use it. I'm worried I have a lemon or something.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Is it leaking when the slide is or or in?

I had some water issues with our Rockwood 2605 which has the same type above floor slide when the slide was in. I was able to adjust the slide drive motor stop so it wouldn't pull the bottom of the slide in too far as it was pulling the top of the slide away from it's outer seal.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #15

Wow, a reply already, this is great! I'm glad I joined.
The slide was in both times when it rained.
After I cleaned up all the water an put a fan on it for awhile we put the slide out. I got up on the roof and cleaned out any dirt and stuff which there wasn't much of, and put some silicone lubricant on the top seals. It shouldn't need lubricant since it is so new but we thought that it couldn't hurt. I noticed that the rubber flap seal on the top of the slide was not uncurling all the way so fixed that and put the slide in and out again to test it. We have closed up everything for the night (slide, vents and windows) so we will see what happens. I thing more rain is expected tonight.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

So it leaks when the slide is in. When you were on the roof, did you see if the top of the slide is making good contact with the outer seal and compressing it? You can also check the amount of gap you have between the sidewalls and the outer flange of the slide...the gaps on all 4 sides should be similair. If they're not, the slide room needs to be adjusted.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #17

Logansrun did you have your leak fixed ?

My SV-291 is leaking at the slide I found out. It is either entering the gasget from the top corners when the slide is out, or low chance that water is moving in from the bottom corners when it rains enough and if the curb side is a tad low. If you had a solution I would be VERY interested to hear what your dealer did to fix it.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #18

Goomph: We did get our leak fixed on the SV-264. We took it back to the dealer who fixed it under warranty work. I believe they said the seals were bad. One of the fascia boards on the slide out had some water damage so that is being replaced also. They didn't have one in stock so have had to order one. They showed us how to install the fascia board and are sending it to us to install ourselves. We have had no leaks since the fix. YEA! I would take yours back to your dealer.
So far we are very happy with our SV-264. We looked at the 291 but wanted the 80" bed length. We are glad we took the 264 because the mattress that came with the trailer is terrible. When we take the trailer out we transfer our full size pillow top bed to the trailer and put the trailer mattress in the house. It makes for a good nights sleep. We have used the trailer mattress less than 10 times and it looks like it has worn depressions in it already.
I hope your 291 came with a better mattress. Good luck getting the leak fixed, it will probably be warranty work.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #19

I am taking it to the other Surveryor dealr in Ontario this weekend, Niagara Trailers, who promised to fix it under warranty. I am hoping that they will really fix it under warranty. Did they tell you exactly where it was leaking from ? Was the water pooling where mine did, if you checked my pictures in my thread or was it a leak happening when the slide out instantly ...

The mattress in my SV-291 is pretty good. I did not have a reason to complain about it, guess I am lucky

I am glad you got it fixed ! Except the leaks I do not have many complaints left after fixing a bunch of stuff myself
Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #20

Goomph: I checked your pictures and yes water was indeed pooling in the white gasket. My dealer had me poke a small hole on the bottom of the white gasket so it would drain into a dish pan I had placed underneath the corner of the slide out in order to keep the water off the floor. After a big rain one night we had 2 inches of water in the dish pan. So glad it was in there rather than all over the floor. The slide was in during the rain storm.

Tags
surveyor