Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #41

Cheapest I have found is $385.00 (US) with shipping from Used RVs, Motorhomes, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes.

Have you had any issues with your Concertone AM/FM/DVD/MP3 player? Mine breaks up badly on AM/FM...and the DVD picture is the worst!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #42

I am sort of happy with it, but, I only use it as follows :

Put a CD in the drive and listen to it ...

Connect my laptop's audio in and use it as an amplifier. My laptop feeds the TV directly for visual. I do not use the radio, or the dvd player feature at all.

My TV is a 22" LCD which sits on the edge of the breakfast bar, against the wall.

With all I read about the concertone, (Sorry Bob) I know if I use it too much it will break down. And having no proper warranty in Canada, that will be a real inconvenience for me.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #43
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Thats funny! :-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #44

Goomph,

I feel that turning it on qualifies for too much use...
Old 01-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #45
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadoomx View Post
Cheapest I have found is $385.00 (US) with shipping from Used RVs, Motorhomes, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes.

Have you had any issues with your Concertone AM/FM/DVD/MP3 player? Mine breaks up badly on AM/FM...and the DVD picture is the worst!
So have you pulled out your unit to check the connections???

revrnd had no connector on the antenna wire and only after the radio was replaced a couple of times for poor reception did he discover the REAL problem.

What model do you have and what specifically is wrong with the picture?
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #46

Exclamation

Bob,

I have pulled the unit out several times now to check and double check all connections! Even been on the roof and double checked the antenna...when the radio is on AM or FM, I can select any station and the unit will broadcast for several seconds, and cut out for several seconds!

Read on the forum about using the snap choke cores, but they didn't help either!

If you have read in my earlier posts with Goomph, my dilemma is that my selling dealer is 500 miles away, and the local dealers are not very receptive to warranty work if not purchased from them! I have had more than my share of warrantied issues with my trailer...the Concertone is just one!

On the DVD side of my problem...it appears the unit has one line feed for left, right, and video. Using this single line feed, the picture quality was terrible! I ran separate yellow, red, and white from the unit to my 26" Vizio TV and problem solved! So, if I have missed something here, please educate me!

As of today, the unit (ZX75 in a 2011 Surveyor SV-291) functions with the exception of the AM/FM!

At this point , I feel the only other tactic to try would be another unit and see if the problem corrects itself! With that said, I'm inclined to purchase another brand unit without any help from local dealers.

Your input is appreciated!

Darrel Glans
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #47

Thumbs down

I replaced my Concertone ZX75 with a Jensen 960 and my AM/FM and DVD problem disappeared...I left a post on the Concertone forum...let's see what Bob has to say!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #48

Goomph: I am having similar leaks with my SV-291. How did you get in contact with the manufacturer? I am unable to get in touch with anyone there? The selling dealer is not all that cooperative.
NL-Surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #49

Urrrgghhhh ... They should be able to give you a contact name I contacted my selling dealer (Jeff Couch) and as much as I do not think they are a great Customer Service oriented dealer, to their credit they put me in contact with the factory right away. I would suggest contacting another dealer for repairs if at all possible ? The factory was very reluctant to work on my unit, but once they had it in, they were fantastic, but having seen what they did, any competent (competent being the key word here) should have been able to fix it.

Did you check the pictures I posted and maybe you can take them to a dealer and tell them to check those areas ?

It infuriates me that we need to keep bothering the folks at the factory for repairs when their dealer network should be competent enough to fix these units.

Tags
surveyor