Once you post your 1st picture, you will see how easy it is, but several steps are needed. This is copied from our "Forum 101" thread in Forum Admin and Announcements:
Originally Posted by Janet H
How to embed an image stored on another site:
- Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
- Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
- Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
- Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 50K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
- Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
- Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.
You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.
To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):
The image will appear where the url was in your text.
There are several ways to reduce a pictures size with added software, but the easiest for me is Windows "Paint", which is included it with most Windows operating systems. Open up the picture that you want in "Paint". Then you can reduce the picture with "resize". There is an option in Windows 7 to reduce the size in pixels if you like.
Mac users will have to post how to do that with their computers.....I haven't the foggiest.
Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263