Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2016, 06:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyfa78 View Post
Can you give more details? What model 40" did you get ? Did it mount easily with holes matching up? Any other issues? But I like the idea
No problem.. but there is a story here to tell.

I originally purchased a 40" Spectre LED. I think it weighed 16lbs total. I used it for half of last year. I noticed when I tried to use the cable at the campground that it would not work. I didn't think anything about it and just thought it was the campground. A couple of weeks ago I was camping and it was raining so we were stuck inside. I thought I would try the cable again. It did not work. After much troubleshooting I figured out it was the TV. Spectre televisions do not have a QAM tuner which you need for cable. So if you buy one make sure you ask about this detail.

I just purchased and installed a Samsung 40" LED with a QAM tuner. Model UN40H5003AFXZA. I paid $223 for it at Walmart on sale. I have not tried it yet but I am sure it will work. When I was troubleshooting the issue I hooked the original Jensen up to the cable and it worked fine so I know the Spectre TV was the issue.

Mounting the TV was fun too. The holes on the back of TV's are fairly standard in spacing. They do not always mount the TV at the same height though. Most any bracket for a 40" tv follows the 200mm x 200mm VESA standard. The original bracket for the 32" was 200 x 200 so I just re-used it. I wanted the 40" TV to use the original bracket because there is mount for it on the outside of the camper which allows me to hang the TV outside. The wall mount portion is a plastic block and the TV bracket snaps into it. The plastic piece had to be moved down for the 40". I had to center the 40" TV so it would fit between the cabinets. Of course the Spectre needed to be in a different spot than my new Samsung so I just had to move it again... I said this was a story.

For the original Jensen 32" that came with the camper I moved it to the back for the kids. I had to buy a new mount for it. I just looked for one that had a lock so the TV could not bounce off the wall mount. I found one at Walmart that works. I don't know the model number anymore or I would post it.

Hope this helps!
Falcon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #22

Here is the 40" mounted on the wall and the 32" mounted in the back. I had to sit the 32" out a little.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160516_071619small.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	108009   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160516_071639small.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	108010  
Falcon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:29 AM   #23

We've used ours twice so far and love it. We haven't mounted a Tv in the bunkroom yes so thanks for the tips. My husband is adding the hardwired progressive Industries surge unit this weekend and I have some more inside work to do to get us more organized.

Anyone's little kids have trouble with the bunk ladder? it's not quire tall enough for our 4 year old...and who thought round rungs were a good idea LOL
Cowboy_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #24

The ladder is horrible for my little guy! I find the small upper bunk on the drivers so small that I have 2 of the 3 boys share the large bed in the bottom.

As for tv's I just pull them out and plug them in instead of mounting them on the wall. I might mount the main one though thanks for the great ideas how to do it.

2002 Dodge Ram 2500

2015 Surveyor 321 BHTS
BCCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #25

I just purchased a 2016 32bhds. The tv is locked on the mount.. No issues.
Captbrndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #26

The TV dropped on ours as well, but like the other post the slide saved it. Dealer moved the screws to new holes and it's been there ever since but I like both the idea of a better mounting plate (wood) and taking it down when moving.
That's the only issue we've had other than a few construction defects, mostly trim related.

Tags
surveyor