Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #1

new 275 sport surveyor opinions please

Hi all we just bought a new 275 sport and would like to know if any one owns this model and pros and con of the model we only used it once yet battery only lasted a day and a half , but not sure if it was full charge when we left we have two new six volts, even with pick up running it did not charg much after two hours running we love the floor plan and lareg bathroom and really like the no vents in the floor that fill up WITH DIRT IF YOU HAD THEM THERE. It is 27 feet but 30 with the hitch length. We had a 23 foot wildwood but only had it 1 week and took it back just too many problems and found the quality much better in the surveyor, we paid more for the surveyor but i see now you need to pay more for a better unit this is are jump from an 8 foot big foot truck camper so it feels big to us im not worried about the length towing as i drive truck for a living and we will retire soon and would like it bigger if we go south for winter as we live in canada. Looking forward to hearing from you all as we are new to all this thanks a bunch jim
buckaroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Canadian Member

I like the floorplan of your Surveyor. It's very similar to our Roo 23SS but without the extra bed at the rear of the hybrid.

We are looking to move to a TT in the next year and there are several with a similar floorplan but they all have the entertainment unit at the foot of the bed and a short "RV" queen (74" long). That's probably a deal breaker for me - at 5'11" tall, I want to have a residential size queen to stretch out in.

Is this a fairly new floorplan for Surveyor? Have you had it to the scales yet to determine your loaded and unloaded tongue weights?

2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew with Max. Towing
10K Equal-i-zer
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #3

My 3-year-old Surveyor seems to be pretty good, as RVs go. It's not your floor plan, but that sounds about right on battery life. It runs all the sensors for CO2 and propane, etc. It probably has a 24 frame battery, which isn't very big. You might consider adding a second battery or getting a larger capacity battery like a 31 size. I don't camp where I don't have shore power so it's never an issue for me. I also keep mine in covered storage, out of the elements and winterize carefully, even down here in Texas. That's important. I hope your luck with the Surveyor brand is as good as ours has been so far. I think ours must have been built on Wednesday...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #4

275 surveyer sport

Thanks for the feed back as it turned out my battery was not fully charged and we do manage to yet at least four days out of them thats without using a lot of furnace in the colder weather we do alot of small lake fishing up here also I will consider buying a 3000 watt genset next year I would like it big enough to run the air con when im down your way and have no shore power are bed in the new one is a full queen bed so no issues with it being to short on account of the entertainment centre in the way
Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Canadian Member

We stopped in at a local Surveyor dealer today and they had a 275RBS in stock so we took a look through it. We liked it although the slide is not as deep as on our Roo 23SS. Nice interior and like that it has the full queen bed.

One question... does it, or any Surveyor, have a water filter inside?
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #6

My Surveyor SV-264 came with a filter inside under the small area just left of the sink where the pump is located. I moved it outside. I hung a bracket on the outside and hang the filter on it when I hook up everything. It's out of the loop when I winterize, and I don't have to worry about finding a busted filter flooding the inside of the trailer.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #7

are 275 surveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
We stopped in at a local Surveyor dealer today and they had a 275RBS in stock so we took a look through it. We liked it although the slide is not as deep as on our Roo 23SS. Nice interior and like that it has the full queen bed.

One question... does it, or any Surveyor, have a water filter inside?
Are Surveyor did come with a water filter under the sink area and it also came with a full size queen bed with a serta mattress comfy we had a 2013 wildwood we used three days and took it back to dealer to many problems too go into detail on but it had a real cheap mattress we sure looked things over the second time around

Tags
sport, surveyor