Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #1

New Surveyor 264

I have been scouting around for half a year trying to decide which trailer to get. I finally decided on the Surveyor as I really liked the floor plan and most other things about it. The one thing I don't like but am willing to work around it is the water heater. Having to go outside to turn it on to electric. Is this the way all of then are? When camping for many days at one place I usually use the electric since I want hot water many times a day. I am used to having a elec or gas switch right next to each other with lights so easy to tell which is on & when. Now I am worried about forgetting the elec is on & switch on the gas. How do others handle this. Thanks Caryl
missafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on your new 264. We had a hard time deciding between the 264 and the 235; finally going with the 235. We wanted the storage area by the bunks for bicycles, telescope, dog kennels etc. The 264 is roomier though with the slide out. You will love it I'm sure. Very nice size and weight for the features and room.

Now you have me wondering. I thought our 235 had an "automatic" setting but maybe I'm gettting that confused with the refrigerator. I'll take a look the next time we are where the trailer is stored to see what the deal is. In the meantime, maybe someone else can ACTUALLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!! HA HA!!
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #3

Hot Water

I believe our 235 works like this:

There is a switch outside in the water heater panel that when turned on, will set the unit to electric. It's automatic from there, if you have AC power then you have thermostat controlled hot water.

There is also a control panel inside the camper next to the sink. If you have your gas connected and you turn it on, a red panel light will show that the gas burner is on and you will now be on gas hot water.

When winterizing, you turn the electic to off and the gas to off.

I like to camp with gas hot water turned on because gas heats the water quicker and in the evening, we use alot of hot water.
Cyclicpitcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor