Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

Smile New to Us, 2016 Surveyor 264

Hello, My husband and I just sold our 2012 Surveyor 302, with the long relaxing couch which I loved and downsized to a 2016 Surveyor 264.

We saved 4 feet and over 1,000 lbs.
We knew where everything was in our old Surveyor and my husband did all the maintenance himself.

After touring through the 264, we are at a bit of a loss to locate the water pump?
Have found just about everything else except for the filtration system similar to the one that was on our old trailer. We were told all Surveyors had a filtration system. We are wondering if this new trailer even has one?
If there are any other 2016 Surveyor 264 owners out there who would like to share any tips or suggestive ideas about this trailer, it would be appreciated.
Take care, stay safe...
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:45 AM   #2

The water pump is likely very close to the fresh water fill port. If the fresh water tank is in the front of the trailer, the pump is most likely located on the driver side, behind the rear wall of the pass-through storage compartment. You may have to remove a panel to get to it but it's there.

As far as a filtration system, I have no idea. Our '17 does not have one to my knowledge, nor was it ever discussed during the multiple visits with the salesman prior to purchasing.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:59 AM   #3

My '18 doesn't have an inboard filter, either. Also doesn't show up on the FR features list for Surveyor. I'm sure FR would brag on it if it was a standard feature.

As for locating the water pump... Insure you have a full or nearly full fresh water tank and that you aren't hooked up to city water. With the AC off, turn on the water pump and listen for it. If necessary, open a faucet to encourage the pump to turn on. Be forewarned. It may not be easy to get to. One video on line has it under the bathroom vanity behind about 40 staples.

PS. The generic manual FR provides won't help at all.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor