Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #21

Congrats on the new trailer. We have had our 260 for about 2.5 yrs and still love it. The battery will drain fairly quickly from the stereo, CO detector, etc as you have guessed. I installed a very easy disconnect, which is available at most auto stores. It just replaces the negative battery connection and has a thumb wheel that turns and opens the connection, thus disconnecting the battery. Takes about 2 minutes to install and has worked well.

The other really great mod is to mount a PVC fencepost under the frame to store the sewer hose and connections. If you are interested, search the forum here and there are several write-ups about it. Hands down the best mod I have done as it gets the hose out of the bumper (I still keep a reserve in there) and all the fittings out of the storage compartment. Cheers.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #22

Our new trailer is a 260 as well BHS model, great trailer. Have the Arctic package but after our trail camping trip down to Portland in 23 fahrenheit weather i think they mean Northern Cali addition.

Bad thing we found is the queen bed, started to get wet on the underside from the temperature difference between the inside of the trailer and the storage compartment. When we pick up a topper for the mattress we found the ice on the bottom of the mattress.

I ended up putting a battery disconnect switch on the negative side of my batteries as well, found too much drain while sitting. But the two six volt batteries in series is a nice thing to do, alittle more money but worth it in the long run.
BCTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor, trailer