Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #1

Out door sink in SP295.

When I was doing my walkthrough of my new 2011 SP295, the employee stated that the outdoor sink at the back of the trailer drains into the black tank. As the trailer does not have a black tank flush attachment, he explained that I could fill the tank from the outside. I would not need to drag a hose into the trailer unless i wanted to clean with a wand. That way the tank would empty more efficiently. The theory is sound but only if the sink does drain into the tank.

I have tried to follow the drain but without taking panels apart I am unable to confirm this. Does anyone know if the employee is correct? Does the outside sink drain into the black tank?
domithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #2

I have a sp295 and I will be interested in the answer to this also...this is the first I've heard of that....seems you might get odor out of that sink it is truly dumping in the black water...We took ours out for the first time over memorial day and I didn't notice any smell out of the outdoor sink?

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #3

You shouldn't get any smell as the sink should have a p trap, I like the idea of being able to put sink water into the black tank, it dilutes the content, and I always seem to fill the grey tank long before the black tank.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #4

I pulled out one of the drawers in the outdoor kitchen and can see the p-trap. The line then runs towards the bathroom where I lose sight of it. The bath tub and and bathroom sink would be closer to the outdoor sink than the toilet. So I would think that this run would tie in win all of the other grey water runs in the bathroom.

I guess the only way to find out without dismantling is to run water through the sink and monitor the two empty tanks to see which one fills first.
domithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by domithor View Post
I guess the only way to find out without dismantling is to run water through the sink and monitor the two empty tanks to see which one fills first.
That would be the simplest way to do it. You don't need to use the monitor if you have separate valves for your black and gray tanks. Just run a couple of gallons through the sink, and pull the valves one at a time. Which ever valve has water is the tank the sink drains into.

John
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #6

tested and the outdoor sink drains into the grey water tank.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #7

Well we took our Surv 295 out for Labor day weekend which is our first trip since buying this at the end of July and have a water leak in the bottom of the bunk room- assuming it is coming from the outdoor kitchen.
schusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #8

Hate to hear about that. Were you hooked up to a water source or using your tank and pump?

Tags