Old 09-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #1

Outside BBQ Connection problem

We have a 2015 SP240RBS that we got to use for the first time this week. There is a connection for an outside BBQ under the outdoor kitchen with a quick coupler and shut off valve. I purchased a hose at Camping World to connect from the connecter to my Coleman BBQ, but I cannot get any gas to flow. There is a 90 degree shut off valve right behind the coupler, and I have tried it in both positions. Has anyone else ran into anything similar? Thanks!!!

Old 09-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog 7.62 View Post
We have a 2015 SP240RBS that we got to use for the first time this week. There is a connection for an outside BBQ under the outdoor kitchen with a quick coupler and shut off valve. I purchased a hose at Camping World to connect from the connecter to my Coleman BBQ, but I cannot get any gas to flow. There is a 90 degree shut off valve right behind the coupler, and I have tried it in both positions. Has anyone else ran into anything similar? Thanks!!!
What kind of hose did you get to connect to your Coleman? It may not be coupling correct, thus not opening the internals for propane to flow. Also what Coleman grill do you have?

The reason I ask, if you have a Coleman with it's own built-in regulator...then connecting to the Low pressure propane line on the RV isn't going to work correctly.

We just discussed this yesterday here:

grill conversion

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

Oh. That makes sense. Yes, the line connects into the main propane line after the regulator then connects to the regulator on the grill, so its being "regulated" twice. Time for plan B.

Tags
bbq