Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #1

Outside cable hook up

Hi Friends
With football season upon us I am ready for some serious tailgating/outdoor football watching
We own a SV-294 and love it.
I have set up the tv outside on the included bracket and hooked up just fine.
Pulled in over the air signal just fine.
I have bought a portable dish and a directv standard def receiver. We already have directv at home.
My question is:
Since there is only one outdoor cable connection is this exclusively for over the air antenna?
If I hook up the dish to the satellite input will it auto switch or is there an a/b switch somewhere?
Has anyone done this in their experience and is there a better way than I am describing?
Thanks to all for looking and helping.
Cheers.

Marsarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #2

Am I correct that you want to hook your dish to the outside satellite input into the trailer, have your satellite RXer in the trailer and the output of the RXer through the existing cable to your outside TV.

If this is the case then it is possible but you will have modify your cable wiring in the trailer.

Follow this link for further discussion on this issue and instructions on how to modify your wiring thanks to Herk's Library of info.

Cable/satellite Hookup??

2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #3

Your Surveyor is a bit different from mine then - I have 2 external coax connections - one marked cable and one marked satellite. Inside in the cabinet where the TV is, that outlet box also has 2 coax connectors.

On my other trailers that have only one coax, you can hook your sat up there and you only have to make sure the antenna booster switch is turned off for you to get satellite signal. Same for the cable service offered in some parks.

If you don't want to do a bunch of mods, then just plug your decorder box into the coax by your outside tv and then plug the tv into it. But if you are going to do that, you might as well just run the coax from the dish directly to that decoder box.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #4

I also have 2 inputs cable/sat. In my cabinet there is sat out separate from the cable/ant out wall plate. I haven't done the mod yet, but did connect my output from my RXer to the cable that runs to the rear TV and outside connection.

The advantage to leaving the RXer in the trailer is that I don't have to keep moving it and I can run the audio through the stereo to the outside speakers. I plan on running a second Sat line to the bunkhouse so the second TV (Kids TV) can have a separate RXer.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote