Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
I have a 2014, purchased in April, full timing it since June. It appears the hinge is pulling out of the door on mine. I'll contact the dealer Monday.
__________________

__________________
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
brownie289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankm2 View Post
I have a 2014, purchased in April, full timing it since June. It appears the hinge is pulling out of the door on mine. I'll contact the dealer Monday.
Sorry to hear that
Mine is getting worse.
Be prepared to contact Forest River yourself.
They are aware of the problem.
Db
__________________

__________________


2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
brownie289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Update on door (sort of)

Camper at dealer for warranty repair, door made by Lippert components,

should be at least 2 weeks min.

Forest river is aware of the problem, blaming faulty supplier. Mine is a 2011 and
they are still covering it under warranty.

If you have any doubts with your outside door get it fixed this is my second
door.

Will post results.

Db
__________________


2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
The dealer wants to charge me $200 for a service call to come out and take pictures, so they can turn in the claim to fr. It is 59 miles to the dealer. If it is just a one time charge, I guess I'll pay it. The tt is blocked at this time, and I really don't want to unblock it.

I was thinking about contacting fr and see if I can turn in the pictures for the claim.
__________________
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
brownie289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankm2 View Post
The dealer wants to charge me $200 for a service call to come out and take pictures, so they can turn in the claim to fr. It is 59 miles to the dealer. If it is just a one time charge, I guess I'll pay it. The tt is blocked at this time, and I really don't want to unblock it.

I was thinking about contacting fr and see if I can turn in the pictures for the claim.
Frank:
My opinion, contact Forest River directly, they are aware of the problem.
Then they will give you the authorization
for the warranty repair.
That's what I just did.

Dave B
__________________


2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
The problem is the two stage process. One trip to file a claim and/or define what parts are needed. Then a return trip to have the work done. It appears a new door and hinge is all that is needed. I wonder If I called fr if they would just send those parts to the service center?
__________________
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
Member
 
Lynkage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,149
I don't have a surveyor but my outdoor Kitchen door was leaking and I contacted Lippert directly.

They asked where do you want the door shipped to, Myself or the dealer. No other questions were asked and no moneies where exchanged.
__________________
Shane & Antoinette
2012 Ford F-450 SuperDuty
2013 Crusader 355BHQ
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
brownie289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankm2 View Post
The problem is the two stage process. One trip to file a claim and/or define what parts are needed. Then a return trip to have the work done. It appears a new door and hinge is all that is needed. I wonder If I called fr if they would just send those parts to the service center?
Frank:
Eliminate one of the two stages, I did.
Contact Forest River directly, get an authorization for a warranty repair.
Call your dealer, tell them you are bringing in your camper for
authorized warranty repair.
One trip.
Db
__________________


2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
brownie289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
I don't have a surveyor but my outdoor Kitchen door was leaking and I contacted Lippert directly.

They asked where do you want the door shipped to, Myself or the dealer. No other questions were asked and no moneies where exchanged.
Sounds good!
This was a pretty big door, plus they had to put on deacals and new struts,
glad it worked out..
Any pictures?.
__________________


2015-26days, 2014-32days,
2013-33days, 2012-30days
brownie289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie289 View Post
Frank:
Eliminate one of the two stages, I did.
Contact Forest River directly, get an authorization for a warranty repair.
Call your dealer, tell them you are bringing in your camper for
authorized warranty repair.
One trip.
Db
It would still take time for the parts to ship. We are full timers.
__________________

__________________
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.