Old 03-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Pick Up Advise

Hi Friends,
DW and I are going to pick up our spanking new SV-294 on Tuesday. We can't wait!! This is our first TT purchase and the family is really excited. I understand we will get a Pre delivery Inspection/ walk through when we pick it up. Is there any advise you can give on what I should be looking for or the topics I want to ensure they cover.
Thanks in advance.

Marsarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
There are many different PDI forms flying around. Do a search here or just google. My last PDI took about 4 plus hours, I first took a copy of the pdi to the dealer and told them this is what will be happening during the pdi. Make sure you go over the hooking and unhooking the TT.Remember this is your last chance to get things fixed or explained before it really becomes yours.

Things to take: Flashlight to look into small areas for what ever's. If you have a video camer film the whole pdi with concentration on items you are not sure about. Something to write on notes will help later on.

This will be a long be well worth it day, done right will make your first few outings much more enjoyable.

3500 Ram 5.9l diesel
08 35 RLT Cardinal
5th Airborne Pin Box
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new camper.

The various PDI lists help a lot.

Take your time and read through the threads on this forum, too.

I look at the walk-through as both an inspection BEFORE I sign the final paperwork and a learning experience.

Is this your first trailer? If so, then you will want them to literally demonstrate everything from soup to nuts. Bring a paper and pencil for notes and maybe a video camera.

Most importantly, make friends with the service guys. You will be seeing them again and its good to be remembered.
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Congratulations. We have the same trailer. Ours is a 2010 and are really happy with it. We had no problems with it and are looking forward to taking it out starting next week for Spring Break! Woohoo!!!

2010 SV-294
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500
TeacherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Thanks everyone

Tomorrow is the Big day!!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
We purchased the same trailer just a few months ago. The PDI lists should help to identify everything to look for.

The only extra advice I could offer would be to test everything that moves, locks, snaps, or has a button! Test every door, every retention snap, every burner, every dial, and every switch. Insist on testing the slide, awning, and power jacks multiple times in each direction (not just once). Also, you should test the manual override on the power jacks. We didn't, and discovered too late that we had the wrong crank type for the jacks (after the fuse had blown and we were stuck).

Good luck, and enjoy the new unit. You'll love it!
Dave & Jill
2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost
2012 Surveyor SV-294
2 kids, one dog (a Golden)
Let's go camping!
Triathletedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Thank you

Thanks to everyone for your help. We actually found a few things that were fixed on the spot.
Looking forward to sharing our first adventure with everyone!!