Old 09-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #11

Love the trailer. The styling is almost identical to our 2013 Surveyor Select 235RKS except for the color. Ours is beige. Make sure you give everything a good test. We've had ours just over a year now and just found out the oven won't lite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
The LEDs I took a chance on Ebay and purchased some Chinese ones from a guy in CA that resold them 20 T10 194 921 168 W5W 24 1210 SMD LED Warm White RV Landscaping Light Lamp Bulb | eBay aren't as bright as the incandescent ones that are OEM but definitely are less draw on the batteries which is the whole point for occasional boon docking overnight stays.
I actually like having not so bright overhead interior lights. It's a small trailer, just me and the wife most of the time on short 2-3 night trip, the lighting is just fine for us. I prefer to save the juice to run the TV and watch a movie using the portable inverter.
I bought the same bulbs but only used them in some select spots where bright lighting isn't required. They sure were a biotch getting them into the socket. Did you have similar problems? My thumb nails were screaming when I was done.

2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
Travel Trailer Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTn_biKer65 View Post
Love the trailer. The styling is almost identical to our 2013 Surveyor Select 235RKS except for the color. Ours is beige. Make sure you give everything a good test. We've had ours just over a year now and just found out the oven won't lite.

I bought the same bulbs but only used them in some select spots where bright lighting isn't required. They sure were a biotch getting them into the socket. Did you have similar problems? My thumb nails were screaming when I was done.
I've had exceptional luck. Run everything several times for the couple weeks before our first trip. No issues so far. I did clean up some of the wiring underneath the couch added a few plastic panduits here and there. The leds were a little difficult to install at first then I figured out pinching the folded wire ends made it a little easier.
I have a couple more mods that I will be doing as time permits. I already pulled the Jensen radio/dvd console out added TV input so my TV sound will play over the speakers. I mounted the TV on a cantilever mount which swings for viewing from either in bed or sitting on the couch. I have a second 19 inch TV that came from our popup that we traded in. I keep stored under the bed for use outside. Its only a few pounds and easier to pull that out rather than move the other back and forth.
One super cheap add on I still need to do is figure out a way to mount blinking blue LED fake alarm indicator so it is clearly seen when locked up. We spend plan to travel to some unfamiliar campgrounds and explore on day trips just a little extra measure to deter those that might think of breaking in while we are away.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #13

Congrats!

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor