Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #1

Problems with Jensen TV

We have 2012 Surveyor Sport 240 with a Jensen je2411 tv. We have a couple of problems with the tv and we're wondering if anyone has experienced them, or better yet, know how to resolve them. Both of these issues occur when connected to cable, which we've only done a few times since we stay at a lot of state parks. The first issue is that some, not all, channels can take 10-20 seconds for the picture to come in. I can hear the sound and the channel number shows, but no picture. I can't change the channel until the picture comes in, which is annoying when I don't want to hear what is playing. Other channels come in immediately. The other issue is the channels are numbered with dashes, ie. 8-1, 8-2, 8-3. The cable systems don't seem to number this way, so here is no correlation to the guide provided by the cable system. The shows that are on are not necessarily in the same order as the guide either, so I have to go through each channel to find what I want, add to this the first problem I described and it can be very frustrating. We've played around with some of the settings, but haven't found the magic one to fix these problems. Anyone have any suggestions, or even have experienced this? It would be nice to know that we aren't alone. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #2

When you scanned for channels, did you have the TV set to Cable and not Air?

Cable channels can be numbered that way. I've seen it. The last time I saw it, the cable provider was upgrading to some new system (digital?) and their provided listing didn't match their changes.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

First off, make sure the TV is set for cable, as I'm sure you've already done. The numbers with the dashes represent digital channels. The first number is the main channel and the second is the subchannel. Also there are different types of cable systems, make sure your tv is set to the correct type or set to "auto". I have found that many of the cable listings in campgrounds haven't been updated to match the new digital settings, and only show the main channel listing, which can be fine, you just need to enter the channel manually instead of "flipping" through the channels. May not be much help, but hopefully so.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I set the TV to cable before performing the scan. We were just at Disney's Fort Wilderness and the guide advertised channel 2 as a Disney channel, but we received NBC on it. Not even close. We did try auto and standard settings before doing the scan and had basically the same results. There are two other settings that we didn't try, but you would hope that auto would detect the correct one. My husband thinks standard setting reduced the number of stations that had the delay in displaying the picture, but I'm not convinced.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #5

Check in the cabinet under the TV, if yours is like mine, there's a little push-button switch on the wallplate the antenna cable plugs into, which turns on an antenna amp. You should get MUCH better reception when this is on (red LED comes on). Just remember to turn it off again before you pack up as I think it's 12V and will drain your battery if you leave it on.

Also, has anyone else had problems with the TV turning off after 10-15 minutes? We're actually getting ours replaced under warranty for this problem.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #6

Well hell i guess i should read more closely and see your issues are when connected to cable and not using the antenna. In which case, maybe you have the antenna amp on and it should be off? Took me 2-3 trips to even find the damn thing in the first place so anything's possible I guess.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #7

There are two coax connectors in the cabinet under the TV. I think you need to disconnect from the antenna and connect to the cable one. Haven't used cable yet, just guessing