Old 06-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #1

Question about bunk area (SV291, SV294)

We are looking at lightweight travel trailers with bunks. So far we've looked at the new Freedom Express 290BHS by Coachmen, the Bullet 282BHS and the Passport 292BH both made by Keystone, and now we're looking at the Surveyor SV291 and SV294. My question is on the SV291, do the bunks get enough cool air, as they are kinda enclosed and I didn't see any a/c vents in the ceiling where they are located? I had one salesman tell me that it gets very warm in those areas. Anyone own one who could answer this question? Thanks. Any further info you have on ANY of the brands I've mentioned would be very helpful. Many thanks!!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #2

We have a 2007 SV291. Unless there has been a change inthe routing of the ducting for the A/C, there IS a vent over the rear bunk area. We've had friends use thew lower bunk with the curtain closed and never had a complaint about being too hot. but most of the time the curtain stays open. We also have an Oscillating fan that we can sit on the counter that reaches both ends of the camper to spread the "cool" around.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasurveyor View Post
We have a 2007 SV291. Unless there has been a change inthe routing of the ducting for the A/C, there IS a vent over the rear bunk area. We've had friends use thew lower bunk with the curtain closed and never had a complaint about being too hot. but most of the time the curtain stays open. We also have an Oscillating fan that we can sit on the counter that reaches both ends of the camper to spread the "cool" around.
Thanks for responding. Glad to know that there is a vent above the bunk area. After you look at a few of these campers they all start to run together in your head. I see you're from Montgomery. We live in Brewton. So, howdy, neighbor!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #4

We have a 2008 SV-291. We have three kids who use those two back bunks. We camp in Texas, all summer long, and Yes, those bunks do get plenty of cool air.

Ours does have a vent in the bunk area for A/C.

2008 Chevy CCab 5.3L 4WD Z71
2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Slpybear, Mrs Slpybear, Three Cubs
slpybeartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #5

Hello Shana,
First of welcome to the forum, I guess I missed your first post. What dealer are you useing to check out the Surveyors? If you are driving to Montgomery, Bankston Rv is Great. They treated us very well and their sevice has been top notch.
We love our SV291 and plan to keep it a very long time. And if the time comes that we do trade, we'll look at another Surveyor product, maybe a 5'er.
Hope we see you at a local camp ground SOON!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasurveyor View Post
Hello Shana,
First of welcome to the forum, I guess I missed your first post. What dealer are you useing to check out the Surveyors? If you are driving to Montgomery, Bankston Rv is Great. They treated us very well and their sevice has been top notch.
We love our SV291 and plan to keep it a very long time. And if the time comes that we do trade, we'll look at another Surveyor product, maybe a 5'er.
Hope we see you at a local camp ground SOON!
Hi Again,
The only dealer we've found that sells Surveyors is B & R Campers in Theodore. They are a family owned business. So far, I have no complaints about them, but then again, we haven't purchased anything from them yet. We will definitely check out Bankston Rv. Nice to know about a dealer that provides good service AFTER the camper has been purchased. Is there a particular sales person we should ask for when we visit them?
Shana69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #7
Head Rambler

Hey Shana, Ours came from Bankston too. Our salesman was Darren but any of those guys are good. I tried to deal with B&R but we couldn't see eye to eye. I'm not saying they're not good we just couldn't come to terms.

Feel free to pm me with any questions you have and I'll answer them privately.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #8

Hey Shana, Sent you a PM , hope you got it.

Tags
surveyor