Old 02-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #11
Site Team

I think the forum is quiet because of the season. I'm spending a lot of time daydreaming of getting the Surveyor out.

1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #12

This is what Iam dreaming about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1763.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1318  

Old 02-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #13

Hmm, some how that doesn't help..

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #14

Looks like its going to be warm this weekend so I think we are going to pull out the new camper for the first trip on Sunday. We are only going down the street about 4 miles to the Cumbrland Gap National Park but its a very nice park.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #15

Enjoy....we're counting the days....

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #16

We are counting the days. Grandson run through the door last week and yelled the snow is gone PaPa lets go camping. It sure was hard to tell him that he would have to wait till it warms up some. He does not under stand because I told him when he started to use the restroom and not the huggies we would take him camping and he is trying real hard to leave huggies behind. He thinks that I should be packing the fiver to go.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwalls View Post
We are counting the days. Grandson run through the door last week and yelled the snow is gone PaPa lets go camping. It sure was hard to tell him that he would have to wait till it warms up some. He does not under stand because I told him when he started to use the restroom and not the huggies we would take him camping and he is trying real hard to leave huggies behind. He thinks that I should be packing the fiver to go.
Nothing can replace the excitement of children and us big kids when it comes to going camping. Is it me or does everyone else feel like this winter just seems to be dragging on?

COME ON SPRINGTIME !!!!!!!!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
Head Rambler

I was reading another forum and one post asked to share your 5 best. Here's my favorite.

"Take the grandkids camping even if it means chaos for a few days - because it's more fun than should be allowed!!!"

We love taking our GK's camping! I'm so ready to go. Heck; we may go this weekend!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #19

Ugh - right this moment it is -10 degrees with a windchill of -24. We will be lucky if it is nice enough to camp the end of April. Seems mid May is when the camping season really starts here. And it will end all too soon the end of September. My kids and I have spring fever all right. They are dying to get on their bikes and wreak havoc in any campground. I am jealous of you full time campers.....
Giselle
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #20

Having moved up from a tent to a pop-up to a 2009 SV291 and living in S.W Georgia we go camping whenever we have a free weekend. We camp year round due to the great climate here. The dear wife does all the reservations for us (me) so I don't have to worry bout that. We are going to Lake Blackshear, Ga. State Veterans Park to camp this month, next month and the month after that. Only 40 miles from here. We can pull the boat right up to the campsite. Going to Fl. then to SC., then to Va. then to Nc. this summer on a big loop trip. Two point five weeks camping. However.....let me state this in a...well...words escape me. You see.. I have a fifteen year old son who LOVES the outdoors. His friends do too. They camp all the time and I mean at least twice per month. The only problem is that they come in muddy and dirty from romping through the swamps and lakes and creeks after a hard day of fishing and hunting. Then they tend to track muck in the camper. I gripe and complain but the dear wife puts me in my place by saying things like "would you rather he be playing Playstation? or in front of the TV, or doing drugs, or being a political activist, or drinking, or etc, etc, etc..." The point I am trying to make here is this, enjoy any time that you can go camping. Life is short, enjoy it while you are here. All in all I love the camping experience I have with my family and friends. Oh, and by the way, we do not even have a telivision in the camper, too much fishing and trampling around to do out there. You would be amazed how much information and questions a group of fifteen year old boys have if you sit around a campfire and just listen. Oh, by the way, no cell phones are allowed so there is no texting or that while we camp. My only hard and fast rule. The family really gets back in touch with one another this way.

Tags
surveyor