Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Removing Enclosed Underbelly

Anyone temporaryily remove the enclosed underbelly for any reason? I'm wanting to install a Tornado in the black tank in our 235KRS.
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #2

Just had mine down this weekend I was not too bad took a while to remove the staples also held up with metal strip & phillips screws. did not have many opt. on location of tornados. I did find that my gray tank was falling down
had to adjust brackets.

2002 F-250 Super-duty
Woody 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Woody

Thanks Woody! Couldn't have asked for a better response. It looks like you set it up to get water from the trailer's fresh water?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #4

Bob,
No I have it set up to run a clean out hose I carry and I will be able to clean all 3 tanks with out moving the hose and have a 4th outlet where I will attach
a 10ft hose with a spray nozzle for clean up.

Later,
Woody
2002 F-250 Super-duty
Woody 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #5

New SV291 owner here asking the dumb question What is a Tornado? Since mine is an 09 model and the first TT we ever had I naturally want to keep it in tip top shape. I assume it has something to do with the three tanks. Please help a new guy out.
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #6

A TORNADO is a water jet spraying device that you install in the side of your black water tank to dislodge foreign material when you are dumping your tank.
It's just one of many ways to clean out the sludge to minimize the odors associated with the black tank. Some folks use a wand type device that you stick down the toilet flap whilst holding it open, and spray water around in all directions then drain a second time. I think the Tornado probably works better, but it requires boring a hole in your tank to install the water jet. Hope this clears up the mystery! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Follow-up Note

I discussed the idea of temporaryily removing the underbelly of my Surveyor to install a Tornado. My dealer heavily discouraged me; saying that there is a lot of insulation in there to deal with. It would have to be cut away and then re-insulated. So, I've put this idea on hold and will wait and see how we do with a combination of Pure Power and a Sewer Solution.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody 01 View Post
Bob,
No I have it set up to run a clean out hose I carry and I will be able to clean all 3 tanks with out moving the hose and have a 4th outlet where I will attach
a 10ft hose with a spray nozzle for clean up.

Later,
Woody
Woody

Did you buy 3 tornados and then use the spilter to have one inlet and 4 outlets ... 1 for each of the 3 tanks and one for an extra hose?
bjf102106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #9

Smile

I had to install a tornado on my 8317SS and rather than remove the coroplast sheeting from underneath I opted to cut a couple of small access holes do my work and than using some scrap wood, screwed the access holes back up. If I ever need to gain access again it will be easy to do so.

See this link for all pics of my tornado install http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...03353843dkUptR or click on my signature mods link.

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonCamper View Post
I had to install a tornado on my 8317SS and rather than remove the coroplast sheeting from underneath I opted to cut a couple of small access holes do my work and than using some scrap wood, screwed the access holes back up. If I ever need to gain access again it will be easy to do so.

See this link for all pics of my tornado install http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...03353843dkUptR or click on my signature mods link.
Nice install ! Great pictures documenting the install. You've provided the solution for the tough part of the job to everyone with a similar project at hand. I've said this too many times but if FR sent out a survey to their customers I bet this would be near the top of the list for options you'd like to see. Thanks for sharing your info.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
I discussed the idea of temporaryily removing the underbelly of my Surveyor to install a Tornado. My dealer heavily discouraged me; saying that there is a lot of insulation in there to deal with. It would have to be cut away and then re-insulated. So, I've put this idea on hold and will wait and see how we do with a combination of Pure Power and a Sewer Solution.
acadianbob, I know this is an older post, but I loosened up some of the underbelly of my Surveyor to see where the tanks were (for weight distributing information), and the enclosed area on mine is free of any kind of insulation. As far as I could tell, the only insulation is around the frame corners and pipe exits. Hope this helps.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks! I think the floor insulation is right up against the bottom of the floor. So that would fit with what you have seen. So maybe this isn't such a big effort after all. It would be nice to know how the thank fits in the frame and where mounting of a tornado would be possible. That way you wouldn't have to take down as much of the covering.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs

Tags
surveyor, underbelly