Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #1

Researching sp295

We have had a Gulfstream Visa for the last 2 years and I absolutely love it. Less than 3000 lbs dry and 3800 lbs gross weight only 23 feet easy to tow and park. However my family really wants a larger trailer. The SP 295 has considerably more room than our current trailer. The outdoor kitchen would be great, the kids like the idea of having their own room in the back and enough space to bring friends, the wife likes being able to walk on both sides of the bed and the extra room from the slide and it seems to be priced at a point that I could justify moving up. What issues should I be aware of? The one at the dealer has a 15000 btu AC, what size generator is needed to run this AC when dry camping? Even with a lift kit it seems to have a lot of overhang, is it difficult to get into remote camping spots? We're not in a hurry as our current trailer is set up perfect (except for space). Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
DonMitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #2

We have had ours for just over a year and the only problem we had was the outdoor kitchen hinge cracked, which our dealer ordered a new door, frame, and hinge with the correct corresponding decals. We love the trailer and have plenty of room and the outdoor kitchen is great. We pull it with a half ton Chevy crew cab with no problems and so far no problems getting in to any sites. For the money we couldn't find a better suited tt for our family. The kids room with the sliding door is great for privacy. Haven't got or used a generator so I can't help you there but I'm sure a dealer could steer you in the right direction. Anyway, we haven't had any regrets or second thoughts!

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #3

We just bought our SP295 this month. We saw one at a local dealer and fell in love with everything about it. We couldn't get over how much thought went into the design and layout of the floor plan. The problem that we had was that since it's such a popular model, the local dealer wouldn't deal on it at all. They wouldn't even throw in the hitch. I don't know what price you've been quoted, or where you live, but after doing a web search we wound up driving 12 hours from Mississippi up to Hamilton, Ohio to pick ours up. We saved several thousand dollars by buying out of state and the hitch was thrown in as well. Check out this link if you're interested.

We haven't used a generator with ours either, but we pull it with an '03 F-150 Supercab 4X4 with the 5.4 L and it pulls fantastic. The only issue we had on the way home from picking it up was walking back out to the truck from a lunch stop I noticed somehow or another birds had managed to build a nest between the back of my trans cooler and the front of the radiator . I have no idea how long it had been there, but I very quickly removed it...
nixalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags