Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
Cyber Phrenologist
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
And then your speedo/odo will need to be adjusted in some way. Changing gears is expensive in a 4x4.
Comparing apples to oranges here, but, the Ford dealer said speedos can be changed by setting an option in the driveline computer in my 2007 F-150. Both axle ratio and tire size can be modified to provide an accurate speedo reading.

Don't see why GM would not be the same.

Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
Site Team
I know you can change the speedo/odo with a custom tuner so I would not be at all surprised if the dealer could do it too. It may mean that one would need to stick with factory Ford ratios. Don't know that for sure though. Guess what it does mean is "look before you leap"

2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
The surveyor sport is different that the surveyor. Not a huge difference though if you get certain options added. I have the sp293 and have the exterier and interier luxury package plus some dealer mods. With these options and my dealer mods the only difference is I don't have the covered undercarriage, I have leaf springs instead of torsion axels, and I don't have the heated tanks. I am taking it to the dealer to get tank heaters put on before winter (dealer quoted me $400 for this). I am going to cover the undercarriage myself ($7-$10 dollars a sheet and will need about eight sheets). As far as the leaf springs, I am not going to change them because the sport is still only 8 1/2' to the top which is the same as the regular surveyor. The torsion axels do give a little better ride so it would have been nice if it had them but i'm not going to change them just for a little better ride. I have not had my surveyor long so I am not the best person to ask but so far I love it and would recomend it to anyone.

blake2727 is offline   Reply With Quote