Old 08-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #21

Wow, I would go NE and blow that pop-sickle stand. their was a lady earlier on a FB Group that's down there near the coast, she hitched up and left, she said a bunch of Rvers just had their TT...etc delivered down there for the fall/winter

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontherock View Post
Please stay safe!
If you haven't done so already, I would have the trailer packed and ready to go at a moment's notice as well as having your TV fueled up (with extra fuel in containers). I don't know how the electricity supply is fed to your area but a storm this large could cause black-outs / brown-outs over a very large area. Good luck getting fuel with no power at the pumps!
Hopefully, your meteorologists are better at forecasting than ours.
Thoughts and prayers to all Texans tonight from your northern neighbours.
Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated by all of Texans.
It's 1:31 am and we don't have a drop of rain or any wind. I believe being 300 + miles away we are fine. No one around here has left but we are prepared.

Dellap02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:26 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellap02 View Post
Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated by all of Texans.
It's 1:31 am and we don't have a drop of rain or any wind. I believe being 300 + miles away we are fine. No one around here has left but we are prepared.
How are you this morning? Hopefully you have not been impacted. Please let us know when you can. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #24

We have been blessed so far, still no sign of the storm here.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #25

We are 25 miles NW of Houston, steady rain, 20+ mph winds, occasional storms/downpours. Several tornado's and flooding in the area so far. Prayers for those affected.
Fishtexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #26

Quote:
We have been blessed so far, still no sign of the storm here.
I'm so glad you have not been hit. Prayers that continues.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 08-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtexx View Post
We are 25 miles NW of Houston, steady rain, 20+ mph winds, occasional storms/downpours. Several tornado's and flooding in the area so far. Prayers for those affected.
Yes, prayers go out to all affected, especially those who have no power and can't see these messages.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 08-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtexx View Post

We are just starting to get the rain. Please stay safe. God's protection over all affected.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #29
Global Nomad

Quote:
We are new to the TT world and not sure the best way to secure the trailer. Is it best to have the slides in or out?
I love hurricanes, been in a couple of them including Hurricane David in a tent.

In answer to your original question, I read somewhere else, but cannot now find it, you should leave your slides out, as it breaks up the wind hitting your RV and therefore, less chance of it blowing it over. If you have a choice, place your RV and truck facing the wind.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #30

Hope everyone is OK. I live on the east coast and have been through more hurricanes to Cat 3 than I wish to count. Here are 'my rules'; Cat one, just have a party and hope the electric stays on which it usually does ~~ Cat 2 at the hint of a mid-lever or higher 2 send my family in the area least likely to receive much if anything ~~ Cat 3 I'm hooking the 5er and getting us all out of the area. One Cat 3 was enough for me.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #31

Did a Cat 5 (HUGO) in Charleston SC, We now live in Indiana. Good luck to those living on the coast.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:03 PM   #32

The mayor of Rockport, Tx. is the one that suggested writing your SS number on your arm. Only residents of Rockport that planned on staying was asked to do this, not the entire state. Lumberton is about 15 miles due north of Beaumont,Tx which is about 300 miles northeast of Rockport.
Walholler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walholler View Post
The mayor of Rockport, Tx. is the one that suggested writing your SS number on your arm. Only residents of Rockport that planned on staying was asked to do this, not the entire state. Lumberton is about 15 miles due north of Beaumont,Tx which is about 300 miles northeast of Rockport.

The eye passed over Rockport according to news I'm watching right now with one confirmed fatality. Also said that 40% of Rockport residents did not evacuate and city is too damaged for S&R people to enter city yet.

Flooding is now the big threat and they are expecting some HUGE floods. The "tap" is not expected to be turned off for several days and lots of rain is on the forecast.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
The eye passed over Rockport according to news I'm watching right now with one confirmed fatality. Also said that 40% of Rockport residents did not evacuate and city is too damaged for S&R people to enter city yet.

Flooding is now the big threat and they are expecting some HUGE floods. The "tap" is not expected to be turned off for several days and lots of rain is on the forecast.
The problem with evacuating is many of those that do not have bad ideas. That is my reason unless a Cat 3 or higher. Once the storm passes it takes at least hours for 1st responders to get in and secure the area. It can takes days or longer before residents are permitted in. Only residents to keep the looters out but there are some that stayed for that very reason. Several times the electric is out for very extended periods even though linemen arrive from several states away.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #35

Exclamation

Quote:
We are in S.E. Texas in Lumberton about 90 miles from Galveston. Our biggest worry is the amount of rain they are predicting for our area. We aren't in the major path at this point.
We had the Tornado from down your way come just East of Lufkin this afternoon!

They said it came up 69 from down there, around Huntington, and then just Northeast of us a few miles.
'17 XLT Screw | Oxford White | FX4 | 3.5L EB | 3.55 ELD | 302A |Chrome Pkg | Max Tow Pkg w/TBC | 36 Gal. Tank | Bak MX4 & BedRug | WeatherTech Deflectors, Floor Liners, & Mud Flaps | VA Navi | SYNC 3 Connect | Tailgate Step & Damper | Husky Liners | Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R18

My wife and I are looking for our 1st travel trailer.
LynnGlaze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #36

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post

The coverage I saw of Rockport did not look good at all.
'17 XLT Screw | Oxford White | FX4 | 3.5L EB | 3.55 ELD | 302A |Chrome Pkg | Max Tow Pkg w/TBC | 36 Gal. Tank | Bak MX4 & BedRug | WeatherTech Deflectors, Floor Liners, & Mud Flaps | VA Navi | SYNC 3 Connect | Tailgate Step & Damper | Husky Liners | Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R18

My wife and I are looking for our 1st travel trailer.
LynnGlaze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #37

Park close to a substantial structure if possible. Jacks down, slides in and all tanks full including black and gray and chock wheels.
mwdilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnGlaze13 View Post
We had the Tornado from down your way come just East of Lufkin this afternoon!

They said it came up 69 from down there, around Huntington, and then just Northeast of us a few miles.

Yes I was out checking on my daughter's home when it passed through Lumberton very close to where I was. Scary!
Old 08-26-2017, 11:39 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
Park close to a substantial structure if possible. Jacks down, slides in and all tanks full including black and gray and chock wheels.

Thank you so much for the helpful information.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Put the slide in, hitch up and head east! Stay safe.
Or West !!!
Just get the H out !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote