Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #1

Select 264 TV model

Hello all!
Newbie here, considering a used SV 264 and suspect The Salesman may not be telling the truth.
1. Does anyone know if FR ever used Sanyo TVs ( in the new models, I only saw Jensen)?
2. Anyone have a mattress other than Serta Dreamscape?

Any comments, thoughts or experiences with this model would be appreciated!

Thanks-in-advance!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Site Team

What year is the 264? Is it the Select model? (newer)

1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
DDC

Mine is a 2012 and has a Jensen tv and a serta dreamscape, all the ones I have seen when I was shopping around were equipped the same.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #4

In 2013 Models the Serta dreamscape, fantastic fan and power levelling jacks no longer come standard on the select. I looked at both brochures when i was at the dealer. It does come with a 26" Jensen tv though. Those were the only differences i could see between the 2012 and 2013. Love my Surveyor.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #5

Thanks everyone! This is the 2012 Surveyor Select SV-264. I think the salesman is pulling a fast one.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #6

I have the 2012 10th anniversary select sv-264 As I am finding out some items end up on your trailer depending on where it was manufactured.

I'm a +1 on the Jensen. Mine is equipped that way as well.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #7

Our SP-240 came with the Jensen and our R-Pod had the Jensen system also. Only problem I am having with the new camper is that the audio on the TV when you play a DVD comes out the speakers in the ceiling. Which is great when you are in the main area, but when you rotate the TV to watch in bed you can't hear the speakers in the other room. I looked and the only lead coming to the TV from the DVD is a Video cable. I guess I could try to wire the audio into the TV speakers from the DVD player.
Anyone else had this problem?
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #8

Thanks everyone. I suspect the original owner took the Jensen TV and the bedroom mount and the mattress and it seems the water filtration system-not a deal breaker but I guess I expected the salesman to be a little more knowledgeable and a tad bit honest (maybe something like "Jensen Tvs are the most common but this unit came to us from the West coast and FR also uses Sanyo products" or "yes, the Dreamscape mattress is standard on the 2012 Select SV 264 but it appears the original owner liked it so much they took it with them"). After all, they are a FR dealer.

In the end, the Tv works, the mattress was 'upgraded' to a Serta Trump and we can install the water filtration, if we decide we need it.

The audio from the Tv comes from the Tv speakers and not the speakers in the ceiling and we were told that if we wanted to watch a DVD on a Tv in the bedroom, we would have to get a Tv with a DVD player buit-in. In other words, we couldn't move the Tv to the bedroom and use the DVD player in the main area.

Glad to hear that you love your Surveyor, marcusfan, we are so looking forward to camping next weekend!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfan View Post
In 2013 Models the Serta dreamscape, fantastic fan and power levelling jacks no longer come standard on the select. I looked at both brochures when i was at the dealer. It does come with a 26" Jensen tv though. Those were the only differences i could see between the 2012 and 2013. Love my Surveyor.
If you look at the list of X's and O's toward the back of the brochure, your statement appears to be correct. If you read the description of the features, it indicates that the Serta and Fantastic Fan are standard on Select Models.

So, their brochure is inconsistent! Hard telling what is right. I can't believe that they won't have the Fantastic Fan in Select models . . . who knows.

1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #10

[QUOTE=acadianbob;238327 I can't believe that they won't have the Fantastic Fan in Select models . . . who knows.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, you made me go out to my TT and double check. I have the 2013 SV264 Select and I knew it didn't have the Serta dreamscape mattress. It had the plywood mattress with a piece of material over it. Well, at least that's how it felt to me. I took it out and replaced it with a spare mattress I had and added a 4" piece of foam on top. Oh, and then I had to add a step stool so I could get into the bed since I'm only 5'4".

My TT definitely does not have the fantastic fan. It has a little bitty fan that's about 5 inches in diameter. It also does not have the power stabilizer jacks either but a cordless drill and a 3/4" socket does just as good a job.

The only thing that disappointed me was the fan. I can live with the other two. But you also made me check the brochure which I asked the dealer if I could take with me and you're right. Under features it does say standard on Select for all three of those features. I am still delighted with my Surveyor.