Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #21

Finally...

After several foul ups we finally got our rig. We took it out for the “shake down cruise” last weekend. We had a few minor fit & finish items but a trip to the hardware store corrected all but one - the rear view camera isn’t working... that will have to go to the dealership... Otherwise we’re very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01B11DEF-B6E1-4F97-B8BD-30434455A13B.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	168008  
RRGuy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #22

Nice. I like that slide out in the storage area. Wish I knew that was an option
billydan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:43 PM   #23

Morryde cargo tray

It wasn’t an option- But I did work a deal with the service manager to ship it to the dealership and have them install it as they weigh about 130lbs... If you’re interested, the model# is ctg60-2990w (29”x90”). Radauto had the lowest price & had no problem changing the shipping address... SO much nicer than having to climb into the pass through!
Old 04-15-2018, 02:13 AM   #24

Hello Dusty Roads, noticed your remarks about your 251...we have a new 251, our third rv, and I'm pretty satisfied with it and it's quality at the price point...also that it is just under 30 feet...our WA St Parks are apparently as tight as your NY State versions...the bike rack has been extended to full length on the 2018 version...still a challenge to secure bikes, but provides a great platform to put plastic over to provide a rain cover for the jenny and multiple coolers on top for our football tailgating weekends...Frlancr
Old 04-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #25

Good luck with the trailer. I plan on adding a slide topper this year and a backup camera. The camera I plan on using will connect to my Garmin. Not the best option but if it doesn't work I haven't spent a lot of money. I have a couple of smaller changes too. Since I now have a spare 32in flat screen I may mount it in the bedroom. That is really low priority. We don't watch the TV in main area much we tend to be outside almost all the time.
This trailer has really met our needs. I was hopping for a cross country trip this year but instead I started a new job. They will have to wait a couple years.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #26

Good Morning, DustyRoads...my apologies; with a little less beer in me I can now clearly see that your rear rack on your 2017 251 is exactly the same as the one on my 2018...good luck with your planned changes...I added a slide topper at the time of purchase since every rv we've owned had a tendency to leak around the slide opening area...hoping the topper will help avoid that, and so far so good. Frlancr
Old 04-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frlancr View Post
Good Morning, DustyRoads...my apologies; with a little less beer in me I can now clearly see that your rear rack on your 2017 251 is exactly the same as the one on my 2018...good luck with your planned changes...I added a slide topper at the time of purchase since every rv we've owned had a tendency to leak around the slide opening area...hoping the topper will help avoid that, and so far so good. Frlancr

You may already know, your lights have to be on for the camera to work the camera is wired to the trailer lights
rarobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #28

Furrion camera

Rarobo, yes, I know. I tried running lights, headlights and putting in reverse... nothing working....

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:52 PM   #29

7 week evaluation

We just finished a 47 day, 7300 mile trip across 17 states in our 287bhss and we still love it! We have a few issues, the rear door window leaks, the outside vent hood cover came loose, the rear camera still doesn’t work and the right rear tire is wearing prematurely... lionshead has agreed to replace the tire (once I send them some pictures and their claim form). The rest should be fixed under warranty. On the positive side, the refrigerator is almost too cold, the AC works great, the beds are comfortable (with a little memory foam) and the Thomas Payne sofa bed is very comfortable. It’s very spacious and I like the outdoor kitchen grill over the two burner stove - it’s almost like having a smoker... It tracks well and we never had any sway (Equal-I-zer WDH) even in the two thunderstorms we went through... But in all those miles we never saw another late model Surveyor...