Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #1

Slide binding on bottom dinette support ??

I have a 2013 surveyor sport SP220. the dinette slide is binding on the wooden "L" shaped floor supports for the outer edges of the dinette . This occurs when the slide is extended to the open position. It slide bottom cabinet on either side of the dinette is binding to the point where one of the wooden "L" shaped supports has been ripped out of the floor screws and all. when the slide is retracted to the closed position. I have notice there is a fair amount of upward and downward movement as the slide is either extended or retracted. It there supposed to be that amount of movement (2-3 inches)?
I have re attached the wooden "L" support to the floor, but the problem remains. If I want the slide to clear the "L" supports when I extend the slide to the open position, then I have to push the top of the slide while standing inside the trailer, outward to tilt the slide bottom upward just enough to clear the wooden dinette wooden "L" supports.. Is this Normal??? is there an adjustment to control the upward and downward movement?... just wondering if Anyone has had this problem.
ciszzco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #2

I am sorry to hear about your problem. We have the SP220 and have not had any issues with the slide. I believe there are manuals on line on how to adjust them but are you still under warranty? If so, I would have that taken care of. I am not sure exactly where your hitting at, some pictures could be helpful.

Tim
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #3

I also have the 220, and that's not normal, but I am also having trouble getting a visual on what is actually happening. As Tim suggested, maybe you could post some photos.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #4

Thanks for the interest! The two wood supports are on the floor just behind the curved cloth molding at the end of each dinette "wing". My error in not taking some pics, I will next time. Yes , I have warranty and its at the RV doctors (lol) getting repaired/ adjusted right now.. I'll provide an update when I find out whats up! Thanks again!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #5

I look forward to seeing the photos and hearing what the problem turned out to be.

There is a wooden storage box that sits just above the floor in each of those "wings." It is nailed up so it doesn't drag on the floor when the slide moves. When I first got my 220 and extended the slide, a piece of wood (construction debris) was on the floor underneath the dinette. When the box passed over the loose piece of wood, it jimmied the box loose and it was dragging on the floor.

I don't know if this is related at all to what you're experiencing, but thought I'd mention it.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #6

slide issues

Here are some pictures of the remains of the factory wooden dinette support. It was "L" shaped with the top of the "L" piece being stapled into the bottom piece. the bottom piece was then screwed thru the linoleum and into the floor. the wood snapped at the bottom of the support causing the slide to rock up and over it on closing, the wooden support finally broke off and was sliding around on the linoleum. Took it in for repairs and was advised by the tech this was a poor design. He attempted to install a roller system, however opted for two 2" X 4" 's screwed together on end and wrapped in carpet this was then screwed to the bottom of the storage cabinets rather than the floor. the supports hover above the floor at minimal distance. Hope this helps should you have any similar issues! thanks again for your interest!

dinette support - My Photo Gallery
Old 06-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #7

ps..A simple way to determine if your supports are problematic , close the slide , climb over bed and lay on floor beside bed. look under the slide and look for the wooden supports..
Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #8

Thanks for the pics! I will have to check mine out.
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide