Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieLynn View Post
That's what I thought, since that's where the noise comes from.
The water heater is definitely in the bathroom where you described, and you would access the water heater bypass there when you winterize. But I believe the water pump in the 2013 is at the aft portion of the couch. And as someone else described, there are screws there to open the area. That's also where the hose for the winterization system is located, which the pump uses to draw anti-freeze right out of the jug. I'm thinking that in the models prior to 2013, the water pump may have been next the water heater, but they moved it for 2013.

Also, Stephanie, I said I would look at the access for the slideout manual override the next time I camped. If you remove the seat cushions on the forward part of the couch, you'll see screws on the bench top. I think that's where you would remove a part of the couch to get to the fitting where you turn it to move the slide. I'm told the same tool that fits the scissor jacks could be used there to deploy or retract the slide.

In any case, I think that if you replaced the dinette with another couch, you'd want to make sure there was a way to reach the manual device, just in case you ever need it.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post

The water heater is definitely in the bathroom where you described, and you would access the water heater bypass there when you winterize. But I believe the water pump in the 2013 is at the aft portion of the couch. And as someone else described, there are screws there to open the area. That's also where the hose for the winterization system is located, which the pump uses to draw anti-freeze right out of the jug. I'm thinking that in the models prior to 2013, the water pump may have been next the water heater, but they moved it for 2013.
Now you have me wondering what they change from unit to unit. Mine is a early model 2013 made in april 2012 and the water pump is definitely in the bathroom. Although it would be easier to get at to winterize if it was under the couch.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwyrm View Post
Now you have me wondering what they change from unit to unit. Mine is a early model 2013 made in april 2012 and the water pump is definitely in the bathroom. Although it would be easier to get at to winterize if it was under the couch.
Interesting. I guess they DO change things during the model year. That's probably why the RV tech who did our walkthrough brought in another tech to show us all where the winterization hose was, which was under the couch. I'm just assuming that's where the pump would have to be.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote