Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #1

Sp 280

Looking at the SP280. What are some current owners likes and dislikes? A Dealer in my area has a new 2013 and it seems like a good deal under $20k.

Thanks
JBurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #2

We have a 2012 and love it. It's a great fit for our family - we have 2 young adult kids that are with us most of the time.

Some of the things that sold us on this model...

--The u-shaped dinette is the best we saw in trailers of similar size. Plenty of room to seat 4 comfortably, and when you convert it to a bed it is roughly the size of a queen.

--The cushions on the couch (both seat and back) lie flat when you fold it down into a bed. Most couches have a thicker rounded back cushion, so when its converted into a bed there is a bump in the middle.

--The rear door is great for safety (easy egress for rear bunks), and is very handy for storage.

--The rear bunks are full length so they have plenty of leg room for normal size people. The bottom bunk is full size.

--When the slide is out, you have a nice open floor plan with plenty of space to walk around.

--The quality of the interior doors and drawers is very noticeable compared to other manufacturers.

--There is plenty of storage between the cabinets, under bed storage, and other nooks and crannies.

--It is light weight, which was the feature I was most concerned with.

We really don't have any major complaints so far.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer for you about it.
ptt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #3

Pete

Thank you for your response! I have one other question: do you have the 13.5K or 15K AC? I am concerned about cooling as we would probably use it a lot at the beach. If I bought this one should I or could I upgrade to the 15K?

Thanks,

Jim
JBurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #4

We have the 13.5 and find it to be more than adequate. We've only camped at the beach once, but we're in Georgia, so its hot no matter where we camp.

Not sure if the larger A/C will be louder than the 13.5. If it is you may want to factor that into your decision. That's probably the one thing that we don't like - but that's not exclusive to the SP280. I think all TT A/C units are loud.
ptt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
MI Camperz

Sounds like a lot of camper for under 20. I would upgrade to 15K as there's always hot weather in camping season! I just checked it online and think it is a beautiful camper! Big, so go with the 15k definitely!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #6

I have the SV 291 (it may be a sport version for 2014) that is very similar to the 280 and love it for family of four. I ordered the 15k AC and it works great but i don't know if I really needed it. I figured it was an inexpensive option that would be expensive to add later.The downside is it would require a bigger generator, something I didn't consider at the time of ordering.
Polaris XP550
Berkshireba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags