Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
I had looked at similar floor plans and went for the 301 instead mainly because of the entertainment center being on top of the bed. One other concern for you to watch out for ... Pay attention to the slide out clearance. I haven't been in a 295 but in the other models I did go through there wouldn't be more than an inch or 2 max to play with.
__________________

__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 120
The 295 has a shallow slide out. I can move it quite a bit if I wanted too, I did check to see if there was clearance. Where I would run into issues first would be the entry into the camper. I have around 6" to work with and then it would start getting to be an issue.
__________________

__________________
'15 XLR 27HFS
'15 Nissan NVP 3500 SL
Campers - Me, DW, 3 - DS (7, 5, 3), 2 large dogs
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
That's good news. It's impossible to tell in the online floorplans. If you decide to go forward with the change please post pics of the process as I am sure there are others who would benefit.

Good luck!
__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 120
If I go ahead with this I plan on taking a ton of photos! I just need to decide when or if I want to attempt it. It really would make the TT nearly perfect if I was able to move it.
__________________
'15 XLR 27HFS
'15 Nissan NVP 3500 SL
Campers - Me, DW, 3 - DS (7, 5, 3), 2 large dogs
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD Dad View Post
If I go ahead with this I plan on taking a ton of photos! I just need to decide when or if I want to attempt it. It really would make the TT nearly perfect if I was able to move it.
If time & help permitted, I would go for it immediately so you can enjoy the camper as it was intended by your purchase. If you are careful with the dis-assembly, I don't think it would take 2 people over a day or two to complete and see no reason for it having anything to do with a warranty problem. Needless to say, make sure you tag the wires and the location on the different items where the wires connect.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD Dad
This is an odd question, but does anyone know if I can move the center Entertainment Center? Where the TV, Radio/DVD player is mounted? I want to move it a few inches towards the rear of the TT.

The reason is I am too tall and when we ordered the SP295 I didnt know there was not a gap in-between the bed and TV center like our old TT and the SP294 they had in stock. The SP294 has sliding doors so there was a space. The 295 has the cheap accordion panels so the bed is flush. On our old TT my feet hung off the end of the bed into that gap! On our 295 I have to sleep at an angle which doesnt make my DW happy and if I angle the other way I feel like I am going to slide off the edge!

Possible issues I see -
1) wiring for TV and DVD/Radio.
2) I havent gotten that far into it to see how it is actually mounted in the TT. I have no idea if it is screwed into braces above and below that would no longer be there if moved.
3) any possible warranty issues since it is brand new

I did ask the dealer and he had no idea and wasnt about to try it or tell me to go for it. It is really driving me nuts after going on two trips. We like most everything else about the TT (especially the kitchen which is why we got the 295 vs. the 294) but I have to sleep!

oh - I cant sleep in the bunks, they are also 74" and the dining room bed/area is taken up by our babies pack-and-play/crib at night.
I strongly encourage you to call the factory. You could be messing with structural integrity as well as weight balance. They may be able to advise you on if it could be modified to give you some room, but maintain any critical elements. Good luck!
__________________
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I strongly encourage you to call the factory. You could be messing with structural integrity as well as weight balance. They may be able to advise you on if it could be modified to give you some room, but maintain any critical elements. Good luck!
Nothing wrong with calling the factory, but with the construction of the entertainment center cabinet, it is VERY doubtful it could be used in the structural integrity of the trailer. Even so, moving it 3"-6" would have little or no effect on the structure and putting backer boards on the floor & ceiling should alleviate any problem. There are too many different floor plans for the same frame to be using cabinets as structural members.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Nothing wrong with calling the factory, but with the construction of the entertainment center cabinet, it is VERY doubtful it could be used in the structural integrity of the trailer. Even so, moving it 3"-6" would have little or no effect on the structure and putting backer boards on the floor & ceiling should alleviate any problem. There are too many different floor plans for the same frame to be using cabinets as structural members.
Don't be so sure. Moving several hundred pounds 6" could have a big effect on tongue weight. Also, the design may need a bulkhead - not sure they are sound completely open - that is what the manufacturer can tell you - if they will. Some smaller trailers are completely open up front without the entertainment center, but all the bigger trailers have one, or some kind of bulkhead. It may not support the roof, but dampen twisting, but I'm only speculating.
__________________
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Don't be so sure. Moving several hundred pounds 6" could have a big effect on tongue weight. Also, the design may need a bulkhead - not sure they are sound completely open - that is what the manufacturer can tell you - if they will. Some smaller trailers are completely open up front without the entertainment center, but all the bigger trailers have one, or some kind of bulkhead. It may not support the roof, but dampen twisting, but I'm only speculating.
Several hundred pounds? OP is only talking about 3"-6" max and the entire entertainment center can't weigh over 40# including the equipment. 1x3's & 1/8" plywood stapled together make a pretty weak bulkhead.

And I did say talking to the factory couldn't hurt.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Several hundred pounds? OP is only talking about 3"-6" max and the entire entertainment center can't weigh over 40# including the equipment. 1x3's & 1/8" plywood stapled together make a pretty weak bulkhead.

And I did say talking to the factory couldn't hurt.
I was assuming that the one in your Flagstaff is similar to one I have in a Sunset Trail - it's a big cabinet with a fireplace, 32" tv, both on swivels and with shelving sections. It's easily 300#. Most I've seen in new trailers are similar. If you are talking that little weight, then I wouldn't necessarily worry about that, unless you can see some metal posts inside there.
__________________

__________________
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
295

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.