Quick update. I Finally got my TT back from the dealer. It was there for the safety recall and to fix a lot of little issues from our second trip out. I got sick and then busy with work, weather was bad, etc. but I finally picked it up on Sat. The update is that I think this is going to be much easier than I had planned. There appear to be 8 screws holding it to the ceiling and 8 at the base. That is it. No visible cleats and I can physically push the ceiling up slightly around the top of the unit so I highly doubt it is structural in any way. The only thing that could be in my way is the wiring and I cant quite figure out where it is running yet. I only took a quick 15 min look at the project.
I plan on jumping into this soon and will post some photos. I got injured on a run yesterday so am hobbling around right now. Once I am healthy again I plan on giving this a go.
Thanks again for suggestions and feedback.
'15 XLR 27HFS
'15 Nissan NVP 3500 SL
Campers - Me, DW, 3 - DS (7, 5, 3), 2 large dogs