Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I was assuming that the one in your Flagstaff is similar to one I have in a Sunset Trail - it's a big cabinet with a fireplace, 32" tv, both on swivels and with shelving sections. It's easily 300#. Most I've seen in new trailers are similar. If you are talking that little weight, then I wouldn't necessarily worry about that, unless you can see some metal posts inside there.
Pull up a floor plan of OP's trailer, it looks to be about 4' wide or less and about 12" deep with cutouts for tv on both sides. Very little structural integrity.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #22

I agree I don't think it would be a problem off setting the entertainment center other than is it going to be in front of the outside door. I assume you have the convertible dinette isn't that bed longer but not as wide as the queen size bed? Our son in law is 6'3" and he sleeps ok on the dinette.

(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmmjmoore View Post
I agree I don't think it would be a problem off setting the entertainment center other than is it going to be in front of the outside door. I assume you have the convertible dinette isn't that bed longer but not as wide as the queen size bed? Our son in law is 6'3" and he sleeps ok on the dinette.
I thought I stated earlier - I cant use the dinette area. Our 6 month old's "Pack and Play" sleeper fits in the U shaped are of the dinette. He sleeps there, our 4 and 2 yr old are in the rear bunk area. I probably could sleep at an angle on that dinette.

I agree with dunnnc, the center is thin plywood and has little to no structure to it. Even with the TV mounted to it I bet it is not more than 50-60# worth of wood.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #24

A couple of years ago I remodled part of my entertainment center so that I could throw the chepo Concertone unit away and put in a regular home theatre system.
During the process I noticed that much of the unit is screwed to gether with pocket screws.

Our entertainment center (from what I could see) is screwed to wall cleats.
The cleats are then attached to the walls with screws.
The wiring is a mess. It looked like a rats nest. (U-verse commercial)

I imagine that you could move your unit (if it's built as I described).
You will need to move the cleats and there may be a few screw holes left visable.
It looks to me like all the components adn set on top of the vinyl so hopefully you wouldn't have any bald spots showing.

Will it void your warranty? My bet is yes.
But it's no good to you as it is.
I have a few pictures (photo bucket) that I can send you if you want a peek at what I was dealing with. Not fully applicable to your scenario but might be helpful.

This sounds like a fun project to me!

Bill
Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #25

Quick update. I Finally got my TT back from the dealer. It was there for the safety recall and to fix a lot of little issues from our second trip out. I got sick and then busy with work, weather was bad, etc. but I finally picked it up on Sat. The update is that I think this is going to be much easier than I had planned. There appear to be 8 screws holding it to the ceiling and 8 at the base. That is it. No visible cleats and I can physically push the ceiling up slightly around the top of the unit so I highly doubt it is structural in any way. The only thing that could be in my way is the wiring and I cant quite figure out where it is running yet. I only took a quick 15 min look at the project.

I plan on jumping into this soon and will post some photos. I got injured on a run yesterday so am hobbling around right now. Once I am healthy again I plan on giving this a go.

Thanks again for suggestions and feedback.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #26

CHD Dad, Did you ever do this remodel? if so how did it turn out? Please update I am interested!! Thanks

2002 Jayco Eagle 12SD Pup.SOLD
TNCampingDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags