Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #1

Spare tire cover?

What type of spare tire cover if any are you supposed to get with a surveyor sport that has the Exterior Luxury Package? My dealer is trying to convince me that it is a cheapo white vinyl one instead of the nice hard brown logo covers the some of the other Surveyors have.
Frazior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Kev

I had heard that the 2010 had the fancy brown one as well as a brown one for the propane tank covers. But they have switched it for 2011 to the white typical one that everyone else has...
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #3

I don't think the dealer is lying to you.I have a 2010 SP186 and mine came with the cheepo white cover for the tire but the fancy brown propane cover. 2009 sports came with all the niceties. The sports do not come with all the bells and whistles as the regular Surveyors. The brochures are a little lacking in spelling it out. I also heard the propane covers are all white now. Hope that helps.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #4

Spare tire cover

When I picked up my SP240 they had the cheap vinyl cover on and I told them I expected the hard vinyl. I thought it was part of the exterior luxury package. The salesman agreed to see that we had the hard cover. When I insisted that I get the hard cover since the salesman promised it, the dealer honored it and gave me the nice brown one. My tank covers are white, as all seem to be, but the hard cover looks nice. In re-reading the Forest River brochure, all it says is that a spare tire cover is included in the package, it says nothing about it being hard or a cheap vinyl. So I guess I got lucky that I had a dealer that would honor what his salespeople promised. I don't know what they took this cover off of, but it sure looks nice on the back of mine!!
2011 Surveyor Sport SP-240
19xx wife
2007 Havanese
GB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies, I want the hard plastic one!....lol
Frazior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
Surveyor Fan

Very clearly understanding this thread is old, I thought I'd add some updated info.

Well, we lost our silver/gray hard plastic Surveyor tire cover on the road last week. I was bummed because I know some have had trouble getting these lately. I tracked down the Forest River/Surveyor parts dept. phone number and called them this morning. I spoke with a very nice lady who told me the covers were available in Champagne and Black colors only at this time. They're no longer able to get the gray material to make them, and after having experimented with painting them gray, they've decided to offer them in these two colors only. Well, black is not perfect, but it'll do. At least it still has the cool compass logo embossed on it. The cover cost $59 plus shipping - which is considerable due to the awkward size (not weight). In my case, shipping to TN cost $35.

You can reach the Forest River/Surveyor parts department (as of 4/25/2012) at 574-642-3119

TimR><>
timr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #7

I have a new take off hard cover and bumper bracket from our V-lite,same as Rockwood. Cheap if you pick up. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #8

I was told by the dealer that the SP and SV models this year are coming with the hard cover. My SV 264 came with the black one.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #9

My 2012 SV305 came with 1 from the dealer that I bought it from. I suspect that they have removed the 1 that came with the trailer and replaced it with 1 of their own that has their advertising on it.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
Surveyor Fan

The new (black) tire cover arrived yesterday with the associated hardware. Works and looks great! Forest River parts was a pleasure to deal with!

TimR><>
timr21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor