Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #1

Sport 240 or Select 264???!

We narrow down our choices to these two options...

2013 Sport 240 - used - $19,900
2013 Select 264 - new - $27,300

The main things we are looking for are lightweight trailer since we have 1/2 ton truck. We are couple with no kids (just a german shepherd) so sleep 6 is nice but I can work with sleep 4. One thing I really like about 264 is that I love the floorplan. I didn't like the entertainment center being at the end of the bed but for $8000 different I can live with it. The main purpose of towing this TT is for camping and just a normal vacation so we don't have to leave our dog at home.

We are going to check the 240 out tomorrow. Anything in particular we need to look out for?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
DDC

WE are very happy with our 264, we use it like you are planning to 'to accommodate the dog' we have about 12000 miles on it now and have used it two times snow birding in the south, tows great due to it's low centre of gravity and lower profile I highly recommend it.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #3

Sp 240

I really like our 2013 SP240. The majority of the time it's my husband, two cats and myself. The bed is the biggest downfall for us, since the entertainment center is at the foot of the bed. I am 5'11 and my husband is 6'. We really need the extra leg space and don't get it. I find myself kicking the entertainment center at night. The dinning room table bed is really only comfortable for one adult. (IMO) Other than that, I really like it. The big bathroom is my favorite!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #4

I have the SP-240 and it is just me, the wife and our 110 pound Akita. The SP-240 is perfect for us, lightweight and plenty of storage. Since it is 24 feet we don't have any problems taking a few days in the California State Parks. There is a limit of up to 24 feet in our State Parks. The outdoor kitchen is very convenient as it does come in handy on those hot days. From time to time my brother has joined us on our RV ventures. The SP-240 is very comfortable for two and a bit crowded with four. We make more use of the outdoor kitchen and sit under the awning when we have more than the two of us. The SP-260 is a really nice unit but it is 4 feet longer and about a thousand pounds gross weight heavier. It does however sleep 7 and if you have a need for that on a frequent basis, the 260 might be the way to go. We like our SP-240 and plan to spend a lot of weekends enjoying the outdoors with it.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
tows great due to it's low centre of gravity and lower profile I highly recommend it.
Agree! We have a SV235RKS. It tows wonderfully. We just got back from a 4,000 mile towing trip with it. We averaged 11.5 mpg while towing at 60 mph with it. I think we gain about 1 mpg because of the lower profile to the wind. And it handles GREAT. Part of that is the torsion axles IMO. I don't think the Sport models have that? Worth a check and worth thinking about.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #6

hello from Calif

QUOTE>>. Since it is 24 feet we don't have any problems taking a few days in the California State Parks. There is a limit of up to 24 feet in our State Parks. The outdoor kitchen is very convenient as it does come in handy on those hot days. From time to time my brother has joined us on our RV ventures. <<QUOTE

Well hello from California! We to are from California (SO CAL). What part are you from?
I have to agree. We haven't used our indoor kitchen. Note *** we have only had our 2013 SP240 for a little over a year. We always use our outdoor kitchen and sit the grill right next to it. I LOVE THE OUTDOOR KITCHEN!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsaynvr View Post
QUOTE>>. Since it is 24 feet we don't have any problems taking a few days in the California State Parks. There is a limit of up to 24 feet in our State Parks. The outdoor kitchen is very convenient as it does come in handy on those hot days. From time to time my brother has joined us on our RV ventures. <<QUOTE

Well hello from California! We to are from California (SO CAL). What part are you from?
I have to agree. We haven't used our indoor kitchen. Note *** we have only had our 2013 SP240 for a little over a year. We always use our outdoor kitchen and sit the grill right next to it. I LOVE THE OUTDOOR KITCHEN!!!
Hello. We are in Northern California. We just bought our SP240 about 4 months ago and we love it. I am pulling my SP240 with my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder using an Equalizer anti-sway hitch. Surprisingly the Pathfinder pulls it very well. Pretty soon we are going to invest in a generator so we can use the A/C in the coming hot summer months. Any suggestions on a good generator? Been looking at the Honda 3000 Handi since it is only 83 pounds and very quiet. Just having some heartburn on shelling out $2500 bucks.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #8

Sp240

Hello! We pull ours with our Hummer. I will ask my husband to reply to the generator question when he gets a chance. We bought ours at Costco and to our surprise, it is very quiet. It is not a Honda, but when people walk by it, they ask if it is a Honda and when they find out it is not, they are shocked. Costco ran out of them very quickly. We went to buy another for back up, because they were cheap and very quiet, but they were sold out. We saw them on Ebay, but the people were asking double the price. Ha! We are happy with our one generator though. BTW - we also had an additional battery installed on our TT at Camping World. So we have two batteries now. We are now looking into solar panels. I have no idea where to start with the solar panels. I know nothing about them. So... now to educate myself on solar panels.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #9

The generator we purchased was a CPE generator. It stands for Champion Power Equipment. The Costco model they sold was red, cost about 470 bucks for a 2000 watt. runs in econo mode at 53 decibels and is able to be linked with another of the same model. we were going to buy another but by the time we had the cash they were all gone. Frankly we've never run the a/c anyways buy would like the ability to do so with another generator. the 2k will not start the a/c but will run the microwave and everthing else.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #10

Thanks Hun!

Thank you husband!

Beat the dead horse - ONLY KIDDING!!!!