Old 06-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Beware: During my pdi the guy comment that losing the bumper caps is very common. On the way home from the pdi I lost both bumper caps.

The good news is that there are a few types of bumper caps to choose from including one that locks in place.
This issue has been addressed before with some great solutions. Check Bumper plugs

Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
Site Team
Originally Posted by kbrown1075 View Post
This issue has been addressed before with some great solutions. Check Bumper plugs
Great link with useful information - Thanks!

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
These are all great ideas. I just took everything out of the garage and loaded it in the truck to take to the trailer tomorrow. I can't believe how much stuff I have!

The bumper plugs seem like an easy fix. I am going to take some action there. I like the suggestion of the dish rack. Funny thing is I actually had one of those in my hand this afternoon but put it back on the shelf.

I am going to the local Walmart tomorrow to get some clear bins for the storage compartments.

The trip that we are most looking forward to is from July 25 to August 16. We are starting in Gananoque, ON then to Lake Placid, NY then Quechee,VT and landing at Bay View in Cape Cod for a week. We then head back the same way we came. It will be easier on the kids (DD 6 and DS 2 1/2).

Would love to hear some thoughts about packing for this big trip.

Thanks again,

Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote