Old 06-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #11

We are plugged in here at home for now. So maybe we are heating with electricity. Our old trailer did not do this. Can I just swith the breaker off when we are plugged in and we don't need hot water?

Old 06-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #12

I had a switch that turned it on/off in the TT. It looked like a light switch and was located under the cabnet over the sink. In the MH it is on the control panel with all the other switches.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #13

We do have the switch that is inside on the kitchen cabinet turned to off so that is why I am baffled by this. I don't hear it running when I am in there but am wondering if we have a bad switch or something that we need to get checked out.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #14

There is a switch inside the outside cover for the water heater, that can be switched off when plugged in to AC power. HOWEVER; most folks on here just switch the water heater breaker off on the converter breakers, and that turns it off on AC. Gas has a separate circuit, controlled by a rocker switch on the wall somewhere, that lights up red when activated. Battery powers this, and it has an auto lighting feature that fires the gas up, when gas valve is open. Happy Camping! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #15

Great info I will share this with my husband. We bought it used but it was in such great shape. Looked new so we are wondering what things we will find wrong. The hose to one of the propane tanks started leaking yesterday so I hope we get all the prblems fixed before we leave.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #16

Well thanks to all of you for informing us of where to turn off our water heater electrically. Neither the dealer nor the service dept. where we bought it, had any idea where the switch to turn off the elect. option was on our trailer until I asked you all and sure enough, we found it in the panel on the outside. Now the switch is off and all is good. Thanks so much.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainel View Post
Well thanks to all of you for informing us of where to turn off our water heater electrically. Neither the dealer nor the service dept. where we bought it, had any idea where the switch to turn off the elect.
Wow, that's sad. Hope you don't need a lot of service help from your "service" department!
Old 06-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #18

Tell me about it.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #19
ARLO

What switch?

My Sunline 280SR was 2 years old before we realized that you had to slide the mattress back, contort your arm and reach into a hole to get at the back of the water heater.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #20

water heater ques.

Hi all, On my surveyor 294 the water heater comes on when I have the trailer pluged in to 110. I was under the impression that I needed to turn the heater on manually. Is the water heater switch only for turning on the propane burner? I turned off the breaker to water heater until I know exactly how it should be working. thanks

Tags
surveyor