Old 01-07-2016, 08:01 PM   #41

Battery Shut Off?

I have a question? I am assuming, since I can't find one, that I do not have a battery shut off. Has anyone added this?
Since I cant plug in my trailer right now the battery has gone dead. Plan to pug it in this weekend but being able to shut off all the batteries can be worth having this feature.

Don

Old 01-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #42

Hello Don, you are right, there is no battery shut off. I have seen some where on this site where others have added one, might try doing a search on "battery shutoff"

Rich

Old 01-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #43

Harbor Freight has one with a red T-handle. Can be attached to the battery cover. We love it. Never a low battery in almost 3 years.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:42 PM   #44

I just undo the white neutral lead whenever trailer is in storage. Tried a battery shutoff device but then had issues with getting the plastic battery cover to fit back on properly .

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #45

hidee ho

Congrats on your Surveyor 220! We have had ours since April, 2013 and still love it. No problems other than what I have caused in my enthusiasm to mod and upgrade. One of the best things I ever did was the battery disconnect switch, you should consider it. Another great thing was taking the luggage rack off the back since we don't use it and moving the spare tire to the back bumper. I also got a dual 12v/gas water heater switch to replace the stock gas switch and that is really convenient.
Anyway, lots of great ideas and help on this forum, happy camping!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #46

Hi there pt1655
Thanks for the idea inputs. I did get my battery switch but have yet to install it. As to the hot water heater. Mine is 2015 model & gas I believe is the only source?? - now I will have to go out and look for that. As to the cargo rack I plan to take my bike out and the rack affords that ability for me. That's probably my only use for the rack.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #47

You should be able to find the switch for hot water electric element on the outside, behind the water heater cover. Hard to see, but it's an on-off rocker switch. Probably have to bend over to see it.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #48

New to Us Surveyor Sport 220RBS owners

We recently purchased a gently used 2014 Surveyor Sport. It has a fold down rack at the back that can be used for gear or bikes. Just wondering if anyone has a pic of their bikes on the rack? I'm not quite sure how they will stay put.

We aren't thrilled with the corner cushions on the dinette either, brought lots of toss cushions to use while cuddled up Will either re-configure (cut and sew the cushions flat, or just leave them at home next trip. Wondering what people are using instead of the bulky fold down table?

No mods on ours so far, but I did buy a cutting board from the Kitchen Dept (not the Market dept) at Ikea that sits nicely on top of the narrow side of the sink. Gives me an extra foot or two of working space.
Has anyone installed a fold down counter extension at the outside cupboard beside the sink?

I have a lot of ideas that involve screwing gear racks etc into the walls. Can anyone tell me what I have to use to anchor them properly to the outside walls of the wardrobe cabinets? Feels like a hollow wall to me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I am a bit OCD about organizing things, but a little scared to start drilling holes.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #49

Hidee ho

Hello damann,
We have had our Surveyor 220 for 3 years now and still love it. A couple of things we did that might interest you are we replaced the heavy, awkward and knee crushing factory table with a height adjustable plastic table from Bed Bath and Beyond or WalMart (can't remember which) that works quite well. When not using it we just stow it away. I also put up a countertop extension that is really handy. Since our bedroom wardrobe storage is limited I also put together a couple of shoe racks to hang from the bed box that has proven to be really handy. I just used left over lumber and dowels I had and cut some over the door plastic hooks to size, screwed them to the back of the shoe racks, stained them and there you go.
Have and fun and congrats on the new trailer!
Pete
Happy Camping!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04242016a 004E.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	105953   Click image for larger version

Name:	04242016a 002E.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	105954   Click image for larger version

Name:	04242016a 003E.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	105955   Click image for larger version

Name:	04242016a 001E.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	105956   Click image for larger version

Name:	04242016a 005E.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	105957  

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #50

pt1655: What a great idea for hanging shoes under the edge of the bed. Ours usually go on the floor under there, but your idea is so much better and looks simple. I'm going to try it this week.

One thing we did to create more counter space was to rig up a bamboo cutting board that fits on top of the stove. We removed the folding stove cover so that the grate-work over the burners is exposed. Then we got some shower rod ends from Wal-Mart to be the "feet" on the bottom of the cutting board. Took some trial and error, but we got the four feet to fit so that they hold the board in place atop the grates. Won't slide around and can be lifted off when cooking with the burners.

The shower rod ends I'm referring to are the round parts that go on a wall so the rod itself can be lowered into it through a slot. Two or three inches in diameter and made of plastic. They can be glued on the bottom of the board or screwed in after you've determined the placement of them. Had photos but can't find them now.

Tags
surveyor