Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #1

Surveyor 220RBS owners

Looking for owners of the Surveyor 220RBS to chat with and hopefully exchange information, tips, and suggestions. I have a 2015 which we just purchased a couple of months ago. Slowly learning all I can regarding it

Best wishes
Rich

Old 10-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #2

Picking up my 2016 Surveyor 220RBS on Friday. Maiden Voyage to a campsite on 11/7 to try out everything!

Excited,
Don

Old 10-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #3

Hello don, I down sized from a 35ft MH and the TT will take some time getting use to. We finally took our maiden voyage last week and were a little disappointed. Weren't pleased with the seating, very hard and uncomfortable. We had taken TV dinners for the nights out on the road and when we went to fix them discovered microwave didn't work so had lunch meat sandwiches. Going into shop next week for repairs.
Congratulations , hope you enjoy your Surveyor, make sure your dealer gives you a complete PDI, that was my mistake, didn't get a good one.

Rich
Old 10-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #4

Hi Rich,
I will certainly take your advise on the PDI. The dealer said to plan for 2 hours on Friday. Hope that does it.
We just sold a 24' Motor Home. It will be a change but love getting rid of a motor.
Don
Old 10-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #5

Sounds like a good PDI, if you have a small video camera take it along then you can always go back and check something you might have missed.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:46 PM   #6

Hello Don, did you get the new 220RBS? If so how do you like it? If I can answer any questions yo might have feel free to private msg me.

Rich
Old 11-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #7

New Owner

Recently downsized from Class A and now have my new trailer and just today new to this Forum.

We bought a new Surveyor, short style 220RBS. Trying to learn as much as I can and we have taken our 1st Maiden Journey and can't wait for the next outing.

Wondering about the backup camera component. TT is prewired for a Furion camera. I read that for best resolution one should buy the Furion model with 48 in the number instead of 12. Granted more expensive but sales person told me that FR only wires these pre-wired units to the backup feature of your tow vehicle. So would require rewiring the unit but that would also void warranty?? Just read on one string that they are wired to running lights instead. Does anyone know for certain as didn't want to put out the $$ just to test???
Old 11-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #8

220 Owner

Rich if this is what you bought, we also recognized the challenge with the sofa but we compromised as this model had everything we wanted in small package. I will say we bought two small pillows for our backs for simply sitting on sofa - puzzle, eating, etc. And then bought two "floor" style puffy pillows for the end foot cushion for one of us to lean back against the bathroom wall. Then the other one partially lays on sofa using another large pillow under head and shoulders. Works very comfortable for our often TV watching which is what we do a lot of as we cannot do some common camping things anymore like long hikes, etc.

We love it all...
Old 11-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #9

Hi Rich,
Just got back from Elk Hunting. Did not take the new Surveyor but we are going on the Maiden Voyage this coming weekend. Only a short distance from home but with that and the rain all weekend we will have lots of time to play with everything. We did get a chance to load our camp supplies from the old RV and try things out. Only problem I saw was a loose hinge on the bathroom sink cupboard door. Will see if it is an easy fix.

Don
Old 11-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #10

HappycamperJr, what we don't like are the biog corner cushions that came with the 220, have been thinking about contacting FR to see if they will sell us a couple of straight cushions to see if that would make setting easier. Would you by chance have a picture you might post or e-mail me of you pillow arrangement.

Rich

Tags
surveyor