Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #1

Surveyor 220RBS owners

Looking for owners of the Surveyor 220RBS to chat with and hopefully exchange information, tips, and suggestions. I have a 2015 which we just purchased a couple of months ago. Slowly learning all I can regarding it

Best wishes
Rich
1oleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #2

Picking up my 2016 Surveyor 220RBS on Friday. Maiden Voyage to a campsite on 11/7 to try out everything!

Excited,
Don
Sequim2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #3

Hello don, I down sized from a 35ft MH and the TT will take some time getting use to. We finally took our maiden voyage last week and were a little disappointed. Weren't pleased with the seating, very hard and uncomfortable. We had taken TV dinners for the nights out on the road and when we went to fix them discovered microwave didn't work so had lunch meat sandwiches. Going into shop next week for repairs.
Congratulations , hope you enjoy your Surveyor, make sure your dealer gives you a complete PDI, that was my mistake, didn't get a good one.

Rich
Old 10-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #4

Hi Rich,
I will certainly take your advise on the PDI. The dealer said to plan for 2 hours on Friday. Hope that does it.
We just sold a 24' Motor Home. It will be a change but love getting rid of a motor.
Don
Old 10-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #5

Sounds like a good PDI, if you have a small video camera take it along then you can always go back and check something you might have missed.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:46 PM   #6

Hello Don, did you get the new 220RBS? If so how do you like it? If I can answer any questions yo might have feel free to private msg me.

Rich
Old 11-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #7

New Owner

Recently downsized from Class A and now have my new trailer and just today new to this Forum.

We bought a new Surveyor, short style 220RBS. Trying to learn as much as I can and we have taken our 1st Maiden Journey and can't wait for the next outing.

Wondering about the backup camera component. TT is prewired for a Furion camera. I read that for best resolution one should buy the Furion model with 48 in the number instead of 12. Granted more expensive but sales person told me that FR only wires these pre-wired units to the backup feature of your tow vehicle. So would require rewiring the unit but that would also void warranty?? Just read on one string that they are wired to running lights instead. Does anyone know for certain as didn't want to put out the $$ just to test???
HappycamperJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #8

220 Owner

Rich if this is what you bought, we also recognized the challenge with the sofa but we compromised as this model had everything we wanted in small package. I will say we bought two small pillows for our backs for simply sitting on sofa - puzzle, eating, etc. And then bought two "floor" style puffy pillows for the end foot cushion for one of us to lean back against the bathroom wall. Then the other one partially lays on sofa using another large pillow under head and shoulders. Works very comfortable for our often TV watching which is what we do a lot of as we cannot do some common camping things anymore like long hikes, etc.

We love it all...
Old 11-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #9

Hi Rich,
Just got back from Elk Hunting. Did not take the new Surveyor but we are going on the Maiden Voyage this coming weekend. Only a short distance from home but with that and the rain all weekend we will have lots of time to play with everything. We did get a chance to load our camp supplies from the old RV and try things out. Only problem I saw was a loose hinge on the bathroom sink cupboard door. Will see if it is an easy fix.

Don
Old 11-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #10

HappycamperJr, what we don't like are the biog corner cushions that came with the 220, have been thinking about contacting FR to see if they will sell us a couple of straight cushions to see if that would make setting easier. Would you by chance have a picture you might post or e-mail me of you pillow arrangement.

Rich
Old 11-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #11

Hi Don, I don't think you DW would appreciate you cutting up an elk in the new Surveyor. A maiden voyage close to home is a good idea, mine was 800 miles and there were things I forgot to take along. Also found the microwave didn't work, guess we could have fixed the TV dinners in the oven. Did the dealer give you a excellent PDI ? I let mine know last weekend I was not happy with the one I had.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:34 AM   #12

Smile Surveyor 220

Certainly will forward a pic but will be few days before that's possible. Will get back to you.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #13

220 backup camera

Asked earlier but perhaps missed. Did anyone purchase the Furion camera and if so do you like it??
Old 11-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappycamperJr View Post
Certainly will forward a pic but will be few days before that's possible. Will get back to you.

HappycamperJr, that would be great, no big hurry as TT has been winterized so we won't be using it until Spring arrives.

Rich
Old 11-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #15

We camp year-round in our 2013 Surveyor 220. We head out once month for at least a week....sometimes two, usually here in NC, where winters are relatively mild. We'd be happy to answer any questions about this camper. We love it and think it is the perfect size for two people.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:46 PM   #16

Just got back from our Maiden voyage. But it ended up being in our driveway. Ha
Could not see paying for gas and park fee to sit inside in the rain. Tried out everything and even made dinner in the TT and everything worked great.
I do have questions: The dealer gave me a small cheap sewer hose so I bought a nice Rhino Sewer Kit. Only problem is you have to take it apart to fit the hose in the back bumper of the TT. With the fitting on it wont go in. That is a pain. Or am I doing this wrong?
I winterized it today as far as draining all the water. Of course I could not do the Hot Water tank. Did not have the right size socket for the drain.
Over all it was a good test! Can't wait until Spring!

Don
Old 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #17

Don, glad to hear all went well in your maiden "Voyage" actually you driveway is a good idea, if you forgot anything didn't have far to go. I store the hose in the bumper and the fittings double bagged in the front storage after rinsing them out. If it gets below freezing where you are at, I'd get a socket and get the water tank drained, borrow one from a neighbor if necessary.

Rich
Old 11-09-2015, 10:23 AM   #18

You can also use a lug wrench to get the anode rod out of the heater, but a ratchet is easier. I store all sewer stuff in a dedicated box that goes in the bed of my truck.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #19

I never thought of trying a lug wrench. I happen to have an extra one I can designate to it. I will give it a try and see if it fits.

Don
Old 11-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim2018 View Post
I never thought of trying a lug wrench. I happen to have an extra one I can designate to it. I will give it a try and see if it fits.

Don
Yeah, I'm not sure all of them will fit, but I bought a small one just for use on the camper lug nuts, and one of the four fittings worked on the anode rod.

Tags
surveyor