Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #1

Surveyor 226

Looking for feedback/reviews on the surveyor 226 with double slide. Thanks.
acpal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #2

Looks like a great floor plan! What exactly are you wanting to know?

We have a surveyor 305 and absolutely love it! Surveyor really has figured out a lot of little things! Seems like their craftsmanship is a little higher quality then average as well as we have only found some minimal items on ours...

I really like the idea of the 226 having the opposing slides! It makes for getting clothes and such to the bedroom a hassle when the thing is stored as you will have to open a slide to get up to the bedroom. BUT your fridge is right there! so loading food is easy! also if you're outside and need some beverages you're not tracking through the whole camper! Same with the bathroom!

The opposing slide idea to me is a benefit when setting up camp too! As with mine having 2 on one side, or even with just one slide on one side will generally tip the camper to that side due to the weight... with opposing the forces should be equal and help keep the camper level... Not a big deal but it is at the same time!

Overall I dont think you can go wrong with a Surveyor. Also depends what your plans are, as far a people inside, tow vehicle and destinations...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #3

We got our Surveyor 226 in September and love it!! The double slide is what sold us as it feels like you have a lot of floor space and I did not want to get too big of a trailer since this is my first one. We also love all of the storage space in our trailer. The A/C works great and the heat does too!!! We only camped three times this fall and have it winterized now but can't wait for Spring.
JBurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #4

Thanks for your comments. We weren't sure about the tv not turning around to the bedroom and the kick plate in the kitchen but other than that it seems to meet everything in our wish list. We haven't seen to many out camping though.
acpal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #5

The TV in our 226 swivels. I know that the "newer" 226 models do not have the swivel TV.
Good luck with your search!
JBurley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor