Old 03-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #1

Surveyor 243RBS Delivery Day

Got an interesting call today. The guy that handled the sale is no longer with the dealership and, oh-by-the-way, my 243RBS arrives from the factory on Monday, when do I want to take delivery?

We've been collecting stuff for the trailer but, there's still more to get. They may want us to take delivery early next week but, it's more likely toward the end. I sure would have liked more regular updates and a bit more advance notice.

Now off to spend some money and create my own PDI checklist tailored to the 243RBS.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:08 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Well, the good news is that it is here!

Old 03-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #3

Awesome! Just in time for the camping season.

And, honestly, the loss of the salesman is no issue...you wouldn't have dealt with him anymore anyway. However, do focus on building a good relationship with the Service Department. Moving forward, they can be your best friends or worst enemies!

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #4

Congrats on the good news and hope your PDI goes well.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #5

surveyor

I hope you do get ours. Our 265RLDS was supposed to arrive at the end of January and every week since then. God trailers but I hear all of the factories are behind and anything can delay delivery. Hopefully that won't be the case with yours.
yakmeat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #6

Thats better then finding out it will be delayed by a month as is the case with some.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #7

bad computer situation

Sorry for the typos in my post. My keys are not putting every letter I type and I'm not proof reading them as good as I should.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:13 AM   #8

I don't really morn the loss of the salesman. I hardly knew him. A few days before I had sent an email to the salesman asking if they had a better ETA. The previous estimated delivery date was 'early March' moved up from 'late March'.

The nature of the call was strange. It was the in the form of 'Your salesman is no longer with us and I'm taking over your account. Your trailer is coming in Monday. When do you want to pick it up?' The previous estimated delivery date was 'early March' moved up from 'late March'. I would have thought they would know a little more than 5 days in advance of a delivery. But, the strangest thing was the pregnant pause after asking when I wanted to pick it up like I had a prior inkling it was going to be available.

So I spent the day confirming the WDH configuration and ordering it along with tracking down a TBC and ordering a Furrion observation camera. Oh, and a sewer hose. You know, and some one else has mentioned this, a manufacturer or dealer could distinguish their self by including the usual necessary stuff such as fresh, grey/black water and sewer hoses, stabilizer pads and socket, etc. even if it adds a bit to the cost.

Anyway, what's the collected wisdom on the best day to do a PDI?

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #9

If you do get it count yourself lucky. Since mine was supposed to be "off the line" (salesman term) on Jan.24 and then to the dealer shortly after and we are still waiting, we are getting frustrated. We are supposed to use it to visit my daughter on the 14th and it's getting close. We will need a few days to get all the necessities in place as well as the Furion installation too. Since it's been 10 years since I have had a trailer I suspect that even with the walk through there will be a learning curve. I hope you do get yours before you need it. The sad thing for this situation is the plant where they make it is only 50 miles from my home.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawilson View Post
.....Anyway, what's the collected wisdom on the best day to do a PDI?
The day before your next couple days off!

My wife and I took delivery on a Friday afternoon and spent the weekend "camping" in the driveway and familiarizing ourselves with how each system worked.

clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery, surveyor