Old 09-04-2016, 12:17 AM   #91

The 321bhts is a little heavier and bigger than the 245bhs. I think the switch to the Ram 3500 was a good idea for driving the coquihala. Those inclines and declines can be nasty, especially around the bear tunnel. We did get our trailer from fraserway and so far they have been excellent. Looking forward to getting the unit back with everything cleaned up.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #92

I have one, bought it in July and live it! 11 nughts in it so far.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:22 PM   #93

Love it ^
Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 PM   #94

New owners of a 243RBS

Just picked up our new 243RBS and love the floor plan. We have looked at many new models and kept coming back to this unit. Very functional with the one slide out and out door kitchen area. Hope to hear from others if they have any recommendations or insights.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:10 PM   #95

2017 245bhs

We just winterized our tt to put an end to great camping season. We purchased our 17 Surveyor 245 bhs back in may.. The layout and size is perfect for out small family ( 4 year , 1 year) There are many things we like about the tt. The bed is really comfy , great storage for a small trailer. We narrowed it down to the Surveyor or the Sunset trail 2400bhs. The sunset trail was a great trailer -- however I found the Surveyor better looking Things I don't like ; the outdoor kitchen is poorly designed. If you dry camp ( like us) the fridge is useless ( I have ordered a new propane mini fridge to replace) , the sink does not pull out , and I find it ackward to wash dishes, hands etc. It is really dark inside -- the sunset trail had a sky light in the kitchen that added a lot of light. The top bunk can be tough to access ( no ladder) .. and the fit and finish is sub par -- lots of scuffs , chips etc in wood.. a lot of the wood is not lined up properly etc. This is not an entirely level tt -- they should spend a little more time in quality control. All in all we are really happy with the 245 bhs. Look forward to next year..

Western Canada
Old 11-10-2016, 12:41 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Question for you all, where did you install your TP holder?
Under the sink just inside the cabinet door, mounted to the inside of the door.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:15 AM   #97

I didn't find the fit and finish concerns that many of you are now. It must be that 2 years ago they didn't have quite the demand.

Regarding the outdoor kitchen, I completely agree to its usefulness. We removed the fridge a year ago and use that space to store our generator. This winter, I'm pulling the entire kitchen out, including stove and shelving. I believe that to be a better space for storage. Our generator (Yamaha 2400) and BBQ (Weber Q) will fit in there just fine. Besides, when towing this with a half ton, it will help to get that weight out of the truck.

My water pressure on the outdoor sink is pitiful. Anyone else have that problem? I bet there is debree stuck in the line.

My sound bar quite powering up. I have a call in now to get a replacement. Electronics is a hobby of mine, and I expect the junk they put in these trailers to quit working. But I'll still try for a replacement while under warranty.

Everyone with a spare tire under the trailer needs to check for two things. First, can you get it out. The nut that held ours in place was corroded to the point that I had to use a grinder to cut my spare tire down. Learn that at home, not on the road. Two, the bracket itself has two pipes that are compressing the tire into place. I have 4 large indentions in the sidewalls of my spare. I'm trying to get that replaced too.

We did a 45 night, 7k mile trip with ours this summer and had not one problem. Still loving the trailer.

And the best part....down to 2k on the loan. We paid heavy on it and will have it paid in 2 years, as planned!

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #98

Thank you the insight on the spare tire, I will be checking mine this weekend
Old 11-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #99

Yes on the tire move; it should be removed and carried somewhere else. I have always carried my spare trailer tire in my pick up, so it is easy to put the TT spare tire there.
Yesterday, I cut a large hole in the inside panel next to the water pump. I covered it with a new panel that will be removed for winter storage. This will let heat from my inside electric heater reach the pump.

2500 Dodge diesel, 251RKS Artic Surveyor

Tags
surveyor