Old 09-11-2015, 01:02 AM   #41

We have the same thing going on with the DVD and sound bar.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:45 PM   #42

We had a similar issue with the sound bar. Turned out to be a setting on the TV. You can go under the TV menu and set the audio output to be the TV or the audio jacks to the soundbar. Hope that helps.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #43

Anyone have problems with the heater not working? This spring we had problems and the dealer told us to bang on the side of the camper where the furnace is located (to jar loose some valve). That worked then and we figured out that the dog beds covering up the floor vents caused it to shut off. This fall we had the same problem but the beds weren't over the vents. Banging on the furnace didn't help either.

For the toilet paper holder we got something like this (not a 2 pack) and it's installed with command adhesive directly in front of the toilet when you're sitting on it. KES A7070-P2 Toilet Paper Holder 3M Self Adhesive, Brushed Stainless Steel, 2 Pcs Pack - - Amazon.com
Old 10-02-2015, 01:22 AM   #44

Winterizing

Has anyone winterized there 24BHS yet? What method did you do?
Old 10-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #45

Winterizing

We were holding out in hopes of getting one more weekend in. But, with Saturday sports and the freezing temperatures getting ready to hit us this weekend, I will be winterizing her today or tomorrow.
I will do a combination of both methods: compressed air blowout, pump in antifreeze, and then dump a little in the traps.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #46

Glad to hear that all of you guys love your 245! We're bouncing between the 245BHS and the 291BHSS as our first TT. Love the layout of the 245, but with 2 small children we're wondering if we'll miss having a sofa on those days that we're stuck inside. Anyone ever find their 245 cramped?

Thanks!

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-17-2015, 06:15 AM   #47

I was holding out too...I'm prepared to winterize as soon as my forecast calls for it. Some years...I get a trip or two in Nov/Dec.

Regarding ever feeling cramped. It's all about perspective and use. My family of 4 (big people) feels like we are in a castle...of course, we came from a 15'TT. Our habits are that we are almost always outside, unless the weather demands us inside. When it does, we suck it up. I think the discomfort with being inside has more to do with entertainment options than it does with space.

All that said, I believe we handle issue like this better than most families.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:17 AM   #48

FYI, we busted one of our running light reflectors and had a hard time finding a replacement. Our dealer is a joke to get help from, so I called FR direct. AWESOME service! They sent a new one right away, they paid shipping, I paid $2.35!

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragusa3 View Post

Regarding ever feeling cramped. It's all about perspective and use. My family of 4 (big people) feels like we are in a castle...of course, we came from a 15'TT. Our habits are that we are almost always outside, unless the weather demands us inside. When it does, we suck it up. I think the discomfort with being inside has more to do with entertainment options than it does with space.

All that said, I believe we handle issue like this better than most families.

We have the same concerns on rainy day entertainment. We'll spend as much time with the unit parked in one place as we do actually camping. While our girls are small enough right now to sit on a bunk and play, we couldn't imagine that watching a movie from the dinette would be incredibly comfortable.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragusa3 View Post
FYI, we busted one of our running light reflectors and had a hard time finding a replacement. Our dealer is a joke to get help from, so I called FR direct. AWESOME service! They sent a new one right away, they paid shipping, I paid $2.35!

Glad to hear FR took care of you on a minor issue. Situations like this are one of the reasons we keep coming back to then Surveyor line.

Tags
surveyor