Old 11-17-2015, 07:08 AM   #51

It's not. But I bet the couch isn't great either.

We bring along a bean bag or two sometimes. We've also been known to bring our outdoor camp chairs inside for movies. A camp chair with an ottoman (dirty clothes bag) is pretty good.

I'm strongly considering removing the dinette and putting in two recliners. Mom and Dad will be comfy...kids can use beanbags until they move out! LOL

Yes, it's all a compromise, but it IS camping after all. And the trade is that the 245BHS is shorter for towing, storage, campsites.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #52

I'm glad to hear someone else with the same ideas. I told my wife that our girls would be fine in a beanbag on the floor. I also thought about pulling the dinette and replacing with a reclining sofa. Would be interested to see how it turns out if you remove yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 11-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #53

We went with the 245bhs. Yah you loose a door straight to the bathroom and a couch but you gain an outdoor kitchen and a lot of camping spots you otherwise could not be in. Amazon has some pretty cool, inexpensive blowup reclining style chairs or bean bag works. We put the table into a bed and snuggle up. Between the bunks, the blow ups and the table bed we do good. We're 5 total, 3 teenagers.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #54

We mounted a tv in the master, and that's where the family ends up for a nighttime movie! Or the wife and I watch something and the boys have the living room to themselves.

The limiting factor in adding different furniture is whether or not it will with through the door. Many recliners come apart at the back of the seat, and I'm hoping to find some that work.

I've looked at the dinette closely, and I think it can come out without destroying anything...allowing for its return if necessary.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #55

TV in the master was definitely on the list of things we'd want to add. Did you find that the support was in the center of the wall? On both units we've seen, the outlet and coax plates were about 4 feet apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-18-2015, 06:30 AM   #56

Yes, but I added a wooden brace on the outside of the wall too. Stained it, for looks. There is a horizontal brace in the wall, but it was too high for us. And there is a small vertical. You can see them with a flashlight and some patience.

We hung a 28" so it would be lighter (cheaper). Our coax and electric were right next to each other.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #57

We decided to bite the bullet and remove the dinette. It came out very easily and all in one piece. I did have to cut one 12v electric line to get it out and then solder it back together. It really isn't a gamble to remove it, as I could put it back in in less than a half hour. It pulls out as one unit and then it easily separated in two to get through the door.

The space measures about 48" deep by 80" wide. We've decided on a reclining loveseat that measures a bit shorter, allowing for a narrow end table on each side and some storage space on the ends.

Here's what the space looks like without the dinette. I'll post more when we decide on the loveseat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6136.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	601.1 KB
ID:	98178   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6138.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	98179  

Old 01-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #58

We found the right reclining loveseat for us! At Costco.

The space measures 80" wide and the loveseat is 64". This leaves 16" on one side that I will build an end table for. Under the end table I will build a rollout tray for storage.

We're happy with how it is shaping up so far.

Terrible picture...low light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0325.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	98323  

Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #59

Wow - that looks great! Actually have more space than I would've thought. Glad to know that the dinette came out easily and could be replaced. Thanks for sharing! I took a look at the Costco website, but couldn't find that unit. Do you have a name for the line/series?

Thanks again!
Old 02-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #60

I, too, noticed it wasn't on their website. The brand is Pullister. Nothing special about it, except for the price. It compares well to models we shopped at twice the price elsewhere.

I've got the end table built now. It is very lightweight. We're looking for the right fabric to cover the table with. Something with some "splash".

I'll post another photo when it's all finished.

Another new mod... I took out the fridge in the outdoor kitchen. I cut sheet metal to fit the countertop where the fridge was. That will be an easy to clean and waterproof top. We're making that space our beverage station!

Tags
surveyor