Old 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM219 View Post
TV in the master was definitely on the list of things we'd want to add. Did you find that the support was in the center of the wall? On both units we've seen, the outlet and coax plates were about 4 feet apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
What we did was bought a 28" flat screen with built in DVD. We took the quick release bracket from the front side of wall and replaced that bracket with a regular bracket. We then mounted the DVD TV on the bedroom side with the quick release bracket onto the stringer behind the wall. More then enough support. And boom!! Now kids can watch movies outside trailer also!!! Good luck!

Old 05-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #62

245 Bhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragusa3 View Post
I've always enjoyed having some online buddies to bounce things off of when we share the same product. It's been a mutually beneficial relationship with my boats, cars, trailers in the past. However, I have been using the search function and coming up with very little info for the Surveyor 245BHS. Anyone else out there?
We are picking up ours today. Where do you find sheets for those odd shaped bunks?

Old 05-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #63

Tow vechicle

What do you pull your Surveyor 245 BHS with. I just want to make sure our truck can handle it. We have a 2004 Dodge ram 1500 quad with a 5.7 hemi
GVRW is 6650
Old 05-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #64

We just use regular sheets and fold them under. It hasn't seemed to be a problem.

Our tow vehicle is in my signature. It does a fine job with the trailer. There's quite a bit to knowing if your truck is capable. What are the tow ratings, payload? I have a tow rating of 11,200, so this trailer is about 62% of my max. I wouldn't want to be much closer, but that's because I have a low tolerance for feeling like the truck is working. Post this question in another thread and you'll get better input.

I've been meaning to post photos of all of our latest mods...just haven't had the time. The recliner and end table now have a table cloth and lamp. It really feels just like home on a camping trip.

Next weekend, I'm going to be greasing all of my bearings. This trailer came with Dexter's EZ-lube axles. In my opinion, that's a big plus. From what I gather, Dexter is the preferred brand, and the EZ-lube looks easy enough. For those that don't know, they send grease through both bearings, not just the front (like Buddy Bearings do).

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:33 AM   #65

Our 245bhs is 5303lbs dry. We tow with a 2007 Toyota Sequoia, 4.7L w/a 1200lb Reese Straight Line WD system.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #66

We had no problems towing her home. Never went over 2500 rpm and that was some steep inclines to.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:59 AM   #67

Picking our new 245 up this week. Glad to see there are other half ton tow vehicles! can't wait to get out on our first trip
Old 06-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #68

Tongue jack foot

Does anyone know the size of the tongue jack post for the 2015s?
I want to get an order in for camping world sale tonight and include one of those but don't know if we have a 2" or 2.25" post.
I seriously can't understand why it didn't come with one but whatever
Old 06-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #69

I'm looking at the 247bhs which is basically the 245 just with the center island. My question is everyone calls this a 24 footer yet the specs are 29 in FR's site. Little deceiving.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #70

Surveyor 245BHS any other owners out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragusa3 View Post
We just use regular sheets and fold them under. It hasn't seemed to be a problem.

Our tow vehicle is in my signature. It does a fine job with the trailer. There's quite a bit to knowing if your truck is capable. What are the tow ratings, payload? I have a tow rating of 11,200, so this trailer is about 62% of my max. I wouldn't want to be much closer, but that's because I have a low tolerance for feeling like the truck is working. Post this question in another thread and you'll get better input.

I've been meaning to post photos of all of our latest mods...just haven't had the time. The recliner and end table now have a table cloth and lamp. It really feels just like home on a camping trip.

Next weekend, I'm going to be greasing all of my bearings. This trailer came with Dexter's EZ-lube axles. In my opinion, that's a big plus. From what I gather, Dexter is the preferred brand, and the EZ-lube looks easy enough. For those that don't know, they send grease through both bearings, not just the front (like Buddy Bearings do).

Id love to see some of the mods.

Tags
surveyor