Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
GGB

Surveyor 255RS Weight??

New to the forum (actually been reading for a while ) and currently we are considering buying an '08 255RS but I can not find what they weigh. The seller doesn't have the info with him and he is away in Alberta taking care of his very ill mum so he won;t be back for another month or so for me to look at it. From google I am getting weight of around 4100lbs to 4300lbs.

Anyone here have one that can give me the weight of their trailer?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks
GGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Site Team

i Googled 2008 Surveyor brochure and it came up. it's a 255RKS, not RS.

here's the brochure link:

http://www.northgaterv.com/pdfs2/2008surveyor.pdf
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #3

Loaded for travel, mine weighs between 5300 to 5400

I have a 2006 255RS
rscastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
GGB

Surveyor 255 Weight??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
i Googled 2008 Surveyor brochure and it came up. it's a 255RKS, not RS.

here's the brochure link:

http://www.northgaterv.com/pdfs2/2008surveyor.pdf
bikendan, thanks for the link it is appreciated. I found that as well but the seller swears it is a 255RS, that he bought mid 2007 but that it is registered as a 2008 and that it has a queen bed slide and not a king? He will be sending me the serial number this weekend so that I can call Forest River next week and hopefully they will have the delivered weight record still on file (or maybe not ) will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscastle View Post
Loaded for travel, mine weighs between 5300 to 5400

I have a 2006 255RS
Thanks rcastle for the numbers. When you say loaded for travel what does that all include over how you got the trailer from the dealer and is it actually weighed or are you estimating that number? Does that weight include water tank full? I assume it also includes clothes, miscelaneous camping gear, etc (how much gear do you haul?)

Thanks for the replies so far.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Site Team

he may have registered it in 2008, but the 2007 brochure has the 255RS and it's not listed in the 2008 brochure. so, according to FR, if it's a 255RS, it's a 2007 model year.

here's the 2007 brochure:

http://www.jerrystrailers.com/assets...7_Surveyor.pdf
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #6

That was the weight on the farm scale for the two times I have weighed it. The fresh water tank was approximately half full. We don't pack especially heavy for the four of us. Enough clothes and food for about 5 days, fishing gear, camp toys and stove. We put the firewood and other tools in the truck bed. Works well for us, but we're definitely still learning. Hopefully this helps. Anything else I can help with, let me know.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
GGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
he may have registered it in 2008, but the 2007 brochure has the 255RS and it's not listed in the 2008 brochure. so, according to FR, if it's a 255RS, it's a 2007 model year.

here's the 2007 brochure:

http://www.jerrystrailers.com/assets...7_Surveyor.pdf
This is what I was questioning him on it, based on my Google searches but the guy swears that it is registered as a 2008 model (he bought it in 2007 & registered it in 2007) on his vehicle registration/ownership paperwork from the transport dept. here in Ontario. As I stated he will be sending me a copy of the paperwork by email so that I have the serial number and I will be calling Forest River to see what is up. To me it does not make sense but we will see once I get copy of the papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscastle View Post
That was the weight on the farm scale ............. Hopefully this helps. Anything else I can help with, let me know.
Thanks this is helpfull. What would you guess your stuff weighs 300-400lbs + ??
Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

When you get the paperwork, check out the 10th digit of the VIN. 7 indicates a 2007, and 8 indicates a 2008. In 2010, the 10th digit will actually be the letter A, starting off a run in the alphabet to differentiate those years from the 2000s.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #9

Probably closer to 6 or 700.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGB View Post
bikendan, thanks for the link it is appreciated. I found that as well but the seller swears it is a 255RS, that he bought mid 2007 but that it is registered as a 2008 and that it has a queen bed slide and not a king? He will be sending me the serial number this weekend so that I can call Forest River next week and hopefully they will have the delivered weight record still on file (or maybe not ) will see.

Thanks rcastle for the numbers. When you say loaded for travel what does that all include over how you got the trailer from the dealer and is it actually weighed or are you estimating that number? Does that weight include water tank full? I assume it also includes clothes, miscelaneous camping gear, etc (how much gear do you haul?)

Thanks for the replies so far.
I have an '09 surveyor 235rks that has a sticker on the door stating it weighs 46XX lbs with all options (options being the roof air, awning, window shades etc...) I have had my rig to flying J scales and from what I remember it came in around 5100 lbs with everything in it minus clothes and food (that is the propane tanks, battery, pots, pans, cutlery, lawn chairs etc.)

The surveyor 235 "RS" is a queen size sleeper instead of a king (change over was between '07 and '08. I believe the "rs" model has a window in the back of the slide, the RKS's have windows that you can only see when the slide is out (on the sides).

Surveyors are great towing trailers, have a sloped front (somewhat) and ride fairly low to the ground. Mine also has torsion type suspension which is generally seen on high end trailers (airstream etc.)

Make sure that you can live with the crawl up into the bed... the biggest reason I would get rid of my trailer at this time (will buy a walk around bed for sure if I ever deal it). Be aware that the bed is only 74 inches long in the RKS, I still can't get used to my feet hanging off the end of the bed.

ON the plus side, the dinette and couch can also be beds, the folding bottom bunk and 1/2 door can fit my families bikes, bbq etc.

Good luck, camping in any style is one of the better things in life (IMHO)!

shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags