Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
Surveyor 282

Just inked a deal for a new 2009 Surveyor 282. Looks like it'll be ready for pickup on July 11th and we're pretty excited.

It's our first trailer, and although I was just about to sign and take a North Trail at another dealer, I just felt the quality of the Surveyor seemed surprior.

It's pretty dolled up, and loved the bedroom slideout to open up that space.

Trying to figure what size Flat Screen I can fit in there, and where I can get some genny's put in. Like two Honda 200i.

Wondering if I can get a hitch put on the rear and then put on a cargo Carrier to give space for the two generators and some gas tanks...

Anyhow, glad to be on the forum here and look forward to some tips on my new trailers. Picking up an Equalizer Hitch and Prodigy P3 Brake Controller for use on my Ram 1500.

giantfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
It sounds great, how about posting some pic when you get it, like to see it!

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Thanks Rockwood

Will do! Has the same inside as this one But will take some pics of our baby once she's in our hands on July 10th (yes, we're counting down the days already).

The wife went out to start getting the stock for the trailer today. First item was steel mixing bowls lol.

Im curious, the Black Tank has a wash system, but do I need one of those tornadoes? Guess I'll post that on the main forum. Also, wondering what sized generator I need for locations without power. Eg will 3000 watts be enough to run most items (except maybe the microwave), or do I need to beef up to 4K watts?

Sorry, total trailer noob, so have a lot of reading and learning to do.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Site Team
Our Surveyor SV235RS has been great so far. Dealer and factory combined to give us great initial quality. It really does seem well-built and slightly upscale compared to some others. Hopefully this quality impression will last over time.
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Cyber Phrenologist
Originally Posted by giantfan View Post
Im curious, the Black Tank has a wash system, but do I need one of those tornadoes?
Probably not, since they do the same thing.

I get (finally!) to become a newbe this weekend...and I've been hanging around these various forums for years.
Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Congrats Radio!

We get ours Thursday at 1230! Cannot wait!

Stopping by Walmart is a nightly even now as we gather furnishings for the unit!